PDA

View Full Version : do they sell any kind of suspension for a 50

cmiller120
02-19-2007, 01:12 PM
do they sell any kind of suspension for a 50. should i buy one for my son we ride at local mc tracks.

cbebuck
02-19-2007, 04:07 PM
if you are talking about a predator 50 you don't even want to mess with it if you are going to get deep into racing. good starter maybe, but it does not have a-arms or even a swing arm. i dumped alot of money into one and it was a rocket and maybe the fast through the turns, but never the best for jumping. although we never got it to break, i have some movies of my son that convinced me it was time to get him off of it.

cmiller120
02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
what do you recommend my son has a lt 50 and runs the wheels off it. but there are no good up grades and the suspension sucks too. the problem is he is to short he just turned 5 and when he stands on the lt he is only a couple inches off the seat. with the preditor he can use the floor board extenders. i realy dont want to buy him something that will be a waste like the lt he loves to race and i want to get him something safe so he dont get bounced off.

cbebuck
02-20-2007, 08:12 AM
if he is kinda short you could start with the pred 50. there was nothing left for me to do with the one we had. he just out grew it, but i don't think he would have gotten used to racing as fast if i had bought something else. with the lacking suspention he really had to ride all out to make up time it the easier parts of the tracks, so he really had to learn more control. the problem is including the price of the pred 50 and the mods i had aroung $5,000 in it, not as much as most builds, but i didn't have to buy any shocks, and we only ran it for about a year then we had to buy another one.
so with a few mods i wouldn't be a bad idea to start out with the pred 50, just plan on buying a bigger one in a year or so. like i said i glad we started out on it. if you get one pm me and i'll exchange numers so we can get into it a little deeper.

heres a short video

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/cbebuck/?action=view&current=MVI_1169.flv

and pic

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/cbebuck/elipost3.jpg

cmiller120
02-21-2007, 04:16 PM
i bought one today can you help me with the mods phone number is 219-406-1993 craig or you can email me at cmiller120@msn.com