PDA

View Full Version : 440 wont start, Help me..

Groves187
02-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok so i Was riding my 440ex all last weekend and everything was running fun, Brought it home and Parked it in the Shop, I took the Spark arrester and the disks off my White Bros E-series exhaust ( never made jetting changes could this be my problem??) and now it wont start at all, I'm stumped. I am going to try and put the spark arrester and disks back in tonight and see if it fires up, But untell then any other ideas???... O and it dose have spark.

Honda#4
02-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Is it getting fuel? I could be that your rich.

honda300EXtreme
02-19-2007, 11:57 AM
kind of a broad statment, what do you mean it wont start, is it cranking but not firing, does it click, id put yor battery on charge and check that, it definatley has nothing to do with removing the spark arrestor, that might make it run bad, but it would still run, and even that is unlikey, so please explain what it is doin

Groves187
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok, Well i have tryed With the choke on and off, Pumped the gas a few times and it starts sputers and then shuts off, Cant keep it running, The battery was on a charger, Could i have maybe flooded it and fould out the plug?

honda300EXtreme
02-19-2007, 12:32 PM
yea thats possible, replace your plug and make sure you got gas, then fire it up.

ImplodedMindZ
02-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Pull your spark plug out of the head but keep it plugged into the ignition wire boot. Then lay it on the cooling fins to ground it out but so u can see the electrode and crank it over a few times to see if your gettin spark. If not next step i would proly do is buy a plug they are only a few $$

Lukeidiot
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
you may need to get your carb rejetted, i was playing with the air and fuel mixture screw on my 400ex, and eventually after trying multiple turns of the screw, it wouldn't crank.