PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter now chicken!!!

byrdman37876
02-19-2007, 10:18 AM
chicken recall

oscar meyer and louis rich
ready to eat chicken breast strips

serial number: p19676

use by date: april 19.

can't even eat chicken anymore.:cuss:

byrdman37876
02-19-2007, 10:20 AM
oh yeah may have listeria causing fever and severe headaches.

HB416EX
02-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Chicken is always dirty.I can't eat that *****.

400EXTRA
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm chicken:D

mattn03
02-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

<DRS>GPF
02-19-2007, 11:18 AM
ABC news release Feb. 19, 2007 —
A recent rash of bacterial outbreaks in food has consumers already worried. Meat and poultry are usually the source of these outbreaks, but recently fruits and vegetables have been the culprits.

Dole has recalled several thousand cartons of cantaloupes that tested positive for salmonella. The FDA says certain jars of Earth's Best Baby Food may be contaminated with the bug that causes botulism.

E. coli found in bagged spinach and lettuce and at Taco Bell restaurants also caused outbreaks and large recalls last year.

thus is the cost of using migrant workers... filthy hands and filthy habits make filthy food..

the odds of getting salmonella in peanut butter is almost impossible due to the high heat in the process.. but filthy handlers can obviously circumvent that..

:mad:

Ruby Soho
02-19-2007, 11:20 AM
:rolleyes:

cant even eat food anymore without worrying about something

kick
02-19-2007, 12:09 PM
This is getting ridiculous! Every week theres something else to watch out for... :rolleyes:

Spinach, then lettuce, then onions, now peanut butter, chicken...

LAME

popo
02-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by kick
This is getting ridiculous! Every week theres something else to watch out for... :rolleyes:

Spinach, then lettuce, then onions, now peanut butter, chicken...

No kidding.

I'm gonna start wearing depends with all this bad food and stuff, I'm afraid to sneeze and launch a moon pie in my drawers. :huh

kick
02-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by popo
No kidding.

I'm gonna start wearing depends with all this bad food and stuff, I'm afraid to sneeze and launch a moon pie in my drawers. :huh
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :D :D

JOEX
02-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
thus is the cost of using migrant workers... filthy hands and filthy habits make filthy food..

the odds of getting salmonella in peanut butter is almost impossible due to the high heat in the process.. but filthy handlers can obviously circumvent that..

:mad:
Got any facts to back this up?

JOEX
02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
No kidding.

We don't want popo goin' poopoo like that:p

firefighterjosh
02-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I think I am going on a Beer diet.

ohsobad_chevy
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM
LMAO!!!! Chickens do eat their own pooh. No bull#$%$in. :devil:

Kickstarts-suck
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
No kidding.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

check out my sig :chinese:

<DRS>GPF
02-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Got any facts to back this up?

http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2006/09/spinach-and-ecoli-what-next.html
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hfw-app-b.html (priority #7)

keep in mind, they(the CDC & FDA) arent going to openly admit it and scare the public.

it seems you have issue with that tidbit of info.. you think they hold it until they get to the crapper at the end of the field? you think they carry wet wipes to occasionally wash up in the field?

the water thats sprayed onto the field gets recycled and carried, with everything theyve eaten from the last couple of days, to the next area.. lovely picture huh..

migrant workers may not be the actual source, but they can be (and very likely are) the method that moves it from place to place..

besides, is it so hard to think they couldnt bring montezuma's revenge with them?

JOEX
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
http://blogs.webmd.com/all-ears/2006/09/spinach-and-ecoli-what-next.html
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hfw-app-b.html (priority #7)

keep in mind, they(the CDC & FDA) arent going to openly admit it and scare the public.

it seems you have issue with that tidbit of info.. you think they hold it until they get to the crapper at the end of the field? you think they carry wet wipes to occasionally wash up in the field?

the water thats sprayed onto the field gets recycled and carried, with everything theyve eaten from the last couple of days, to the next area.. lovely picture huh..

migrant workers may not be the actual source, but they can be (and very likely are) the method that moves it from place to place..

besides, is it so hard to think they couldnt bring montezuma's revenge with them?
Not saying it isn't possible and could even be the source. Last story I heard about this some pigs got loose either into the field or the water supply. Weather or not that's true I don't know.

In one of the articles the Dr. stated ecoli was inside the plant rather than on the surface. If that is true then i'd think the source was the water supply.

These events are still the exception even though it seems more frequent but that could be attribited to more widespread distibution of food and more media attention, including the internet.

<DRS>GPF
02-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by JOEX

In one of the articles the Dr. stated ecoli was inside the plant rather than on the surface. If that is true then i'd think the source was the water supply.

agreed.. to note, much of the veggies that have been affected are from the same area..

i hope theyve eliminated the water supply, as it would likely affect public sources as well.(eventually..) which leaves the water that's gathered on the surface..(run-off included)

admittedly its only my "opinion" based on my eyes trying to read between the lines.(since its likely theyll never confirm it..) imagine, they can confirm the very cow out of hundreds(if not thousands) that had "mad cow disease".. but this is unsolvable?? uh uh.. i dont believe it for a minute.. its a matter of public relations for immigrants..

what studies have confirmed is the poor conditions in which the workers exist/live, thus exasperating the spread of viruses and such as they(the migrant workers) make their way around.. (even as far as the midwest, although no incidents have been reported..)

the people who hire them need to step up and make them get clean and provide areas for them to be clean.. this adds cost and defeats the purpose of no-cost/no-responsibilty labor.. which include some friends of mine who grow gourds etc. which must be hand picked.. (theyve heard my opinions on this a time or 2..)

Mxjunkie
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Time for us to grow our own food :p

ohsobad_chevy
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Time for us to grow our own food :p

:confused: ...How do you grow peanut butter? :confused: :confused:

:p :p