PDA

View Full Version : hrc header pics? how to tell if you have hrc kit?

quader400
02-19-2007, 09:57 AM
well i bought an 04 450r a little while back and am not sure if it has a cam or anything yet. the guy i bought it from was sort of a scammer so i dont know if i can belive or not, he said it had the hrc kit in it but when i asked him again he said it had a hot cam stage 2. does anyone have pics of what the hrc header looks like as opposed to the stock header. also my header doesnt have mounts for a heat sheild and thats why im thinking it has the hrc header, and finally are there any markings or any way to tell the hrc, from the stock from the hot cams cams? thanks for any help

400exrider707
02-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by quader400
well i bought an 04 450r a little while back and am not sure if it has a cam or anything yet. the guy i bought it from was sort of a scammer so i dont know if i can belive or not, he said it had the hrc kit in it but when i asked him again he said it had a hot cam stage 2. does anyone have pics of what the hrc header looks like as opposed to the stock header. also my header doesnt have mounts for a heat sheild and thats why im thinking it has the hrc header, and finally are there any markings or any way to tell the hrc, from the stock from the hot cams cams? thanks for any help

04/05 HRC kits dont include the headpipe that is only for the 06/07 bikes

wykyd450R
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
The 04-05 head pipes uses clamps to hold the heat sheild on, and they can be removed to look like an aftermarket header.