PDA

View Full Version : Tire Alignment question

Ruby Soho
02-19-2007, 09:11 AM
A while back i was riding with some friends and me and someone else had a small little "crash". All that happened was his front tire hit my front tire and we just stopped, it wasnt bad at all. But now ive been noticing that the front right tire isn't straight like the front left, its straight up and down, but its turned in slightly. Im not sure if its from the little "crash" but i really noticed it when we were going fast, and it started to wobble slightly. How do I know whats bent, or messed up? It doesnt bother the steering at all when going under lets say 45-50. My rim is also pretty un-even, so that could be part of the problem. But what do you guys think got messed up, and how can I go about fixing this?

Black R/T
02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
sounds like your rim is bent but i cant tell without checking the bike out. lift the front end off the ground and spin the tire with your hand. from there you should be able to see whats bent.

Kaleigh
02-19-2007, 11:43 AM
could be a bent rim or a bent tierod.. if its a bent tierod.. you can bend it back..

Ruby Soho
02-19-2007, 11:50 AM
when i spin the rim if you look at the center knobs on the klaws they go back and forth, so i know the rim is messed up. and i checked the tie rod, the only thing th ematter with that is, at the bottom of the steering stem where you put the tie rod end into it its a little worn out and has some slack. the other side doesnt so its somewhat noticable

400exrider707
02-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
when i spin the rim if you look at the center knobs on the klaws they go back and forth, so i know the rim is messed up. and i checked the tie rod, the only thing th ematter with that is, at the bottom of the steering stem where you put the tie rod end into it its a little worn out and has some slack. the other side doesnt so its somewhat noticable

Could be the spindle too.