PDA

View Full Version : Laker custom plastics

NJD
02-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Does anyone have Laker custom plastics? Has anyone had any experience with these plastics? If anyone has pics, please post, would like to see what they look like mounted.

saw a link on e-bay selling the stuff, was just wondering about it.

clutch22
02-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I have some laker's ordered on the way. I should get them in a few weeks. but here's a link that has two pictures of an 250R with blue laker's

http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=279633

CorvetteZ06
02-19-2007, 10:35 AM
clutch, how come its gonna take so long to get those plastics, back order? slow production? Thanx man.

clutch22
02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteZ06
clutch, how come its gonna take so long to get those plastics, back order? slow production? Thanx man.

Well I actually ordered them 2 weeks ago. And they said somethin like they just ran out of the 250R plastics... or somthin like that and that they are goin to make a batch of em in a few weeks... and he said they would ship them out in three weeks. So i'm lookin for them to be here in a few more weeks...
But they're a fairly small buisness, so i understand that it will take longer for them than maier or some other company.

EDDYL250R
02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm the one who owns the blue 250R.

Yea, they take a long time to get a set.

Basically it seems that Laker Plastic only makes a quantity as demand requests. They do not keep any quanity in stock. I believe they are a small company and as such only press out what demand requests. Another reason I believe that they can change their molds in their machines fairly quickly so that if they need to make 1 or 100 sets of a certain type of plastic that it doesn't take them much time to reset their mold machine. They just can't do production runs like Maier. Plus the 250R is probably a very small percentage and limited run amount, so they do our plastics when time allows.

It took me over 1 month to get my plastic from them.

Cheers

Edward

440z17
02-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Lakers are deff. A good buy for the price. Mine have held up well so far. good luck
Mike.

440z17
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
sorry pics didnt work...there are some on this page though of my bike. Its the Blue and silver one.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214484&perpage=15&pagenumber=40

EDDYL250R
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Heres a photo of the Blue Laker's plastic.

Ed

NJD
02-27-2007, 01:31 PM
I went with the maier plastics. Being that Lakers seems to have limited stock available since they only produce a new batch based on demand, I figured it could cause some delays should I need a fender right away. It would be easier to replace a Maier fender. Lakers do look nice though.