PDA

View Full Version : question for kids report: 3 wheeler vs 4 wheeler

Bonnie Cook
02-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey, someone emailed me some questions for a school report he is writing. The report is due Wednesday, so any and all information you can provide me to give to the kid would be great!!!!
Sorry you were the only guys I knew i could ask, cause I didn't know these answers. I really hope you all can help me and him!

Thanks
Here are the questions:
1. I would like to know what the history behind 3-wheeler and 4-wheeler racing?

2. Does a 3-wheeler or 4-wheeler life last longer?

3. Does suspension help out much on 4-wheelers, instead of none on 3-wheelers?

4. Are 4-wheelers safer than 3-wheelers?

5. Does accidents occur more on 3-wheelers than 4 wheelers?

6. Why is it now that everyone wants to race 4-wheelers and not 3-wheelers?

7. Why did they call 3-wheelers (ATC's) and now they call 4-wheelers (ATV's)?

I hope you have time to answer these questions for me. I really would really appreciate it.

Tri-valleyracin
02-19-2007, 06:06 PM
1. I would like to know what the history behind 3-wheeler and 4-wheeler racing? Not totaly shure.

2. Does a 3-wheeler or 4-wheeler life last longer? both are around the same.

3. Does suspension help out much on 4-wheelers, instead of none on 3-wheelers? suspension on atv helps out alot and so dos it on a trike.

4. Are 4-wheelers safer than 3-wheelers? if you know how to ride a trike then no. in a sence they are but theres is alot of differnt ways to describe.

5. Does accidents occur more on 3-wheelers than 4 wheelers? no there about the same.

6. Why is it now that everyone wants to race 4-wheelers and not 3-wheelers? trikes are not made any more and people still do race trikes but not as much as they use to. atvs are around more and people think there safer.

7. Why did they call 3-wheelers (ATC's) and now they call 4-wheelers (ATV's)?A-T-C All Terrain cycle A-T-V All terrain Vehicle

PSYCLONE
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Part of the safety issues come from the fact that people that started on 3 wheelers, came directly from dirt bikes. You can't ride a 3 wheeler, or quad for that matter in the same fashion that you ride a dirt bike. That being said, I've never had a wreck on my Honda 250SX (knock on wood).