PDA

View Full Version : What a finish!

mitch91
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Very nice finish for the daytona 500. Pretty hapy gordon didnt win.

c450Razy
02-18-2007, 05:01 PM
poor mark:(

redlineranger
02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
the race sucked balls mostly. kinda reminded me of a 70's or 80's 500, when all they did was stretch out and someone ran away with it. but im glad they bunched back and got to racing again. a very good finish to a long boring race, and i hate that for mark martin. i guess he'll put off retirement to try it one more time:o

trx400EXtreme
02-18-2007, 05:03 PM
IM HAPPY STEWART DIDDNT WIN! he's a jerk. my dad was at the chili bowl a couple years ago, and was walkin by his pit while he was workin on his car, this kid in a wheelchair comes up to him and asks for an autograph. he says "not now kid im busy".:grr: :mad: :scary:

RaptorRacer45
02-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Im plenty happy with that Race (besides the fact Kyles tire blew up), but Great action and it kept me entertained, FINALLY Racing in 2007 has begun!:D

AbnMP13
02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Maybe Mark can do something with the Army car this year.

armoks
02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I see Direct TV's track pass might just be a curse LOL. 3 ot of 5 of the drivers on, all good drivers, had major accidents!

It was a good race though I got that track pass and it's pretty neet to be able to jump around and watch each of the five drivers they have on and it gets very detailed on what tehy do from the pits to haveing a dedicated camera on the car.

NPelletier
02-18-2007, 06:15 PM
kyle busch was driving like a 5 yeaR OLD all race, junior got taken out by jimmie johnson's wreck, o well, rootin for mark to get it, but harvick is kool and derserves it:)

redlineranger
02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
kyle busch was driving like a 5 yeaR OLD all race, junior got taken out by jimmie johnson's wreck, o well, rootin for mark to get it, but harvick is kool and derserves it:)

kyle busch was driving like a damn maniac, swervin all over the place. i would hate to know i was in a 3 wide pack with him somewhere in it.

johnson wrecked about 25 laps before dale jr did. which sucked cus im a big JR fan. but he had a tank of a car today, it was slow like a diesel. they need to get back into that motor shop.

and harvick just lucked up that he had draftin help to get him the lead, and that martin didnt have help to keep it. and if it would have been somebody else, they probably would have thrown the yellow flag, i think martin kinda got screwed because ever since they started the green/white/checkererd, they have never let a last lap wreck go without caution as far as i can remember, and i watch pretty much every race. so he did kinda get the bone there, but in a way i guess there was no point in the yellow because everyone else behind them was piled up.

the race wasnt exciting to me until i saw that prick tony stewart plow the fence. he's a good driver, but man what a d*ck. from that point til the end was exciting. the rest of the race sucked and i hope they dont take that tire to talladega, because if they keep taking that new tire they have for the plate tracks, the ticket sells will drop because no one wants to spend 100 bucks to see a single file line for 150 laps b4 any action starts. im huge nascar found but found it amusing how the biggest thing in the news all month has been the daytona 500 and cheating, but come race time its single file line for 150 laps before a few wrecks and a little bit of racing at the end:ermm:

scruff_mcruff
02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
IM HAPPY STEWART DIDDNT WIN! he's a jerk. my dad was at the chili bowl a couple years ago, and was walkin by his pit while he was workin on his car, this kid in a wheelchair comes up to him and asks for an autograph. he says "not now kid im busy".:grr: :mad: :scary:

so a kid in a wheelchair should get special treatment over a kid that walked up to him?

armoks
02-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
junior got taken out by jimmie johnson's wreck

Jimmie had car trouble all race and wrecked lap174... JR wrecked on lap 196, man Jimmie just caused it all!!!McMurry's crash is what took JR out.

Did you even watch the race?????

Harvick did a good job on the finish, martin had it but even he said he let it up.

I'm just glad one of those toyodas didn't take the win, highest finsh was what a 23rd??LOL!!!

These new car designs are BS...to accomidate the jap cars, safety??? what a joke!!!

hondardr4life
02-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I agree on the car designs.... What crap... I was pissed when Jr. wrecked, but his car wasnt the best anyways... At least he would have been a little higher in the points. He needs to get a championship under his belt.

As for Tony Stewart, I kinda like him. He drives agressively, and hes got an attitude. Now he does get out of hand sometimes, but overall I like him.

ShiftFMX
02-19-2007, 06:54 AM
http://i.eurosport.com/2007/02/19/338928-1774621-458-238.jpg

Guy400
02-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Jr. just had an off day. DEI really needs to find out why in the last year or two their restrictor plate motors haven't been up to snuff. I don't know if it's because after so many years of domination they got lazy and stopped pushing or what.

I like Tony and like the fact that he's a hot head. NASCAR needs these personalities after the sanctioning body has neutered them the way they have. I was surprised at how composed Tony was during his interview after the wreck. Even though it wasn't Kurt Busch's fault I was waiting for Tony to go nuts on him.

Lonestar_R
02-19-2007, 08:50 AM
That finish looked like Harvicks first race he won after Earnhardt died.

This is Harvicks Year. He was close last year to win both the Busch and the Nextel series. This year he has already one the first races in both series.

Sorry I'm so biased. I'm a huge Harvick Fan