PDA

View Full Version : best exaust for 400ex???

10-22-2001, 08:16 PM
I'd like to get a K and N filter and exhaust for my 400ex. I need some opinions on what exhaust pipe I should use. I do mostly trailriding so something to improve torque would be nice. And Id like to keep the cost around $250.00. Thanks guys!!

Tommy 17
10-22-2001, 08:31 PM
I say lrd chrome. i heard its a great pipe. people seem to really like there wb pipes too. i had a pc and it was junk i sold it.

Moto92
10-22-2001, 10:45 PM
Majority of the people go with the WB E series and the Pro Circuit.
Not really a big difference in the two, at least nothing your going to feel. I have the Pro Circuit T4 and love it. Its got a good sound to it and cost me $225.

Leo
10-23-2001, 05:30 AM
I love my PC T4.. It's top notch, but apparently it's the newer version...

Leo

(moving to motor forum)

10-23-2001, 12:16 PM
How do you guys like the Big Gun and DMC Dual Exhausts?

liltazz
10-23-2001, 02:29 PM
i have a graydon proline and i love the power. it is a complete kit. i wouldnt just buy a silencer it is a wast for the power you get. you would be better off modding the stock and buying that crome cover they sell.

Dave400ex
10-23-2001, 03:18 PM
I`m picking up a new 400ex tonight. I want to get a K&N air filter, outerwear, jet kit, and Sparks pipe.

10-23-2001, 06:27 PM
Sparks makes the best complete pipe if your wallet can handle it. I run the X-6 race along with the Keihin FCR and I have all the power I need for the MX track and trail. But the guys on the banshee's are not to fond of my bike they have one problem they can't beat me.

Remember a bike is only as fast as the operator. Even is drag races I've beat modified banshee's. My buddy didn't think I could beat him on his banshee but he was overcome by a rood awaking after I beat him twice.

In short modifications don't always make you faster and are not always necessary. So before spending lots of money first determine what you want out of your bike. I may be a little off the subject but I thought I'd take the time to share a little advice that some people may be seeking.

400exJOE
10-23-2001, 07:17 PM
You might want to look into a supertrapp IDS2 silencer for your bike. They are very light weight, have a great sound, awsome power, and fairly cheap. Rocky Mtn ATV carries them for $179.

Warrioreater400ex
10-23-2001, 10:00 PM
i have a w/b e series slip on. but i like the FMF power core IV and power bomb header... ive ridden a 400 equipped wiht them.... awesomeeeeee. but if you had the cash id go with the new FMF Power Core IV Q, ive heard good things bout them too. that just my $.02 worth

FlyinRed
10-24-2001, 02:01 PM
Seriously, get hard numbers on flow, dynos help a lot. Get a full system though, best gain there. Look for something with a head pipe that has equal lengths of tube (out of each exhaust port) this offers best flow (look at a Ferarri).