PDA

View Full Version : No spark, fouled plugs...

bansheerider98
02-17-2007, 10:29 PM
went out o the lake today and was putting around casually, let it rip throught the gears, puted some more and then it immediately died while putting alng in 2nd gear, as if i had hit the killswitch. took out the plugs, fouled as ****, put in some more, kicked the ht outta it, nothing... took plugs out and they got no spark.

So maybe when i fouled the plugs, maybe with water in the gas or carbs (it was snowy and frozen and thawed overnight in my garage the day before) i shorted my cdi unit?

plz help need to get i runnng soon bofore the snow and ice melts off the lake.

firefighterjosh
02-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I would put a new set of plugs in it and see what happends. Sounds like just fouled plugs

Ogener
02-18-2007, 10:06 AM
were the plugs super wet? It could be a small amount of ice in the fuel line that took awhile to freeze. It happened to me on my snowmobile. If you have a spare cdi box around try it. or maybe the the piston was full enough of fuel from the first pair of plugs being fouled that it didnt spark right away with the new ones.

bansheerider98
02-18-2007, 01:16 PM
i fouled the first pair, tried a second pair and they must have gotten fouled just from the leftover **** in the cylinder, put a pair of plugs on without putting them in the plug holes and they had no spark.

no i dont have any electical stuff laying around, but the plugs were super wet, but diddint smell like gas, so i probbably got snow/ice in my carbs or gas and it thawed becauseit was like 40 degrees yesterday.

im thinking i fried some electrical part yesterday.

Dinner
02-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I know it sounds weird, but when i put new plugs in mine, they will hardly spark at all. So i put them in the head, kick it over a few times and then she'll start right up, Then if i take them out to see if they have spark, they do.

banchee dave
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
are you running an airbox? if not than you may have sucked water. If you suspect a short, pull the stator cover and see if water got into there. may have shorted the stator. check your coil to see if water entered any of the connections or your plug caps. If you have a manual handy, it can tell you how to test everything with a meter.

firefighterjosh
02-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by banchee dave
are you running an airbox? if not than you may have sucked water. If you suspect a short, pull the stator cover and see if water got into there. may have shorted the stator. check your coil to see if water entered any of the connections or your plug caps. If you have a manual handy, it can tell you how to test everything with a meter.

He brings up a good point. When I pulled my stator cover Everything was rusty. Be sure to check it and get some sand paper and clean the fly wheel

bansheerider98
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM
you know what i had found water in my stator cover once before and thats probbably the culprate, seeing the ice formed on the banshee and then melted right in the area from the engine being hot, ill check that out.

yeah i do have a manual... ill check it out, thanks guys! ill post some more if the problem persists.