PDA

View Full Version : to race or sell 86 lt250r

Tri-valleyracin
02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
i have a 86 LT250R and i bout it thinking of racing it in the c class and moving up threw the classes of Neatv and Nats. im having second thoughs about racing it. if i sell it im goin to get a z400. i would love to do a custom front end but i dont have a welder and dont know how to weld. i have wanted a LT sence i knew what quads were and i finaly bout one. like i said its a 86 with a .80 over bore (255) racing reeds, i have resoures for the motor and some suspension but not realy the front end mods. i still am having trouble getting spark so im replacing the whole ignition with a racing one. the motor is not the best for power but i could figure a way to get the power out if it. it has a fmf fatty and silencer, wisco piston,racing reeds, K&N air filter. im not shure if this quad of mine will hold up in racing and will it keep up with the new 450's? I raced my dads z400 last year and it out ran the 450s and im hoping theres some way of making my LT run the same but im not shure there is. Let me know what you all think.

ryanh250ex
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
i'd just keep it. Z400 is nothing to hoot about. not to mention anything 2 stroke's resale has hit the skids in the last 2 years.

pbblaster2
02-20-2007, 01:54 PM
^^^^^ i was reading your infor what do you mean by turbo and could you send me what your idea is about this?