PDA

View Full Version : light! what to do?

woodsracer144
02-17-2007, 06:01 PM
ok,
i went to wal-mart today and i got a pair of what i thought would be the super bright lights but a flash light could go fourther than these things! i thought they would be brighter than my stock ones. i have them on a blaster with stock wireing. i cont know if thats part og it but it only works on low beams and i think its just the bulb. so im not sure. i ride alot at night becasue my buddy lives about amile away and i'll go up there at about 5 and be there all night messin around on bikes or playin ps2 ECT. and then i'll come home at 11 or 12 or some times 1. and i need my lights i though these would go a longer distance, it showed it gaining 5-10 ft. but i lost 5-10 feet! need some help! thanks!

88blaster
02-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I am going to guess that the lights you bought at wal-mart are 55 watts, and since you have two that is 110 watts that they are trying to suck out of your stator, I am not sure what the stator is rated at but its along way from 110 watts, the stock headlight is like 45w low beam and more than that on high, I'm not sure. The easiest thing to do is to unhook one, this helps alot, but looks stupid one-eyed. The other option would be to find 35watt bulbs, your local NAPA should have them, the bulb type is H3. The stock stator should put out the 70watts, you might have to unhook the taillight:ermm:

woodsracer144
02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
i unhooked one and its good now.