PDA

View Full Version : project ATC

mbjtlr
02-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm buying a 85 350x next week. The frame is close to perfect and the body is very good for a 85. The motor was tore down by a previous owner and is in alot of pieces. The cylinder is freshly bored and looks very good. It has a brand new head and Wiseco .40 over piston. It needs a cam and ex. valves. The bottom end has had the cases removed and there is some rust around the splines of the crank and some of the different gears in that area. The rod and crank seem to rotate smoothly without any play. I getting it for $350, I think I could get that out of the frame alone, but I'm wanting a restoration project. Do you all think it is a good deal?

Dave J.
02-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes. Check the frame around the foot pegs & rear mounts. You could bring it back to life and make some real money on it. Check out http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14&pp=50&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1 Great sight and people.

mbjtlr
02-22-2007, 09:52 AM
I have checked that site out. I noticed the owner had it for sale. Do you know where I could get a aftermarket cam? I checked Hot Cams website and they don't have anything listed. The cam and ex valves are the only thing I think I need for the motor. BTW thanks for the reply.