PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever

jordan_400ex
02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
see liek a bear or cougar when your out riding.me and my freind were riding yesterday cuz we had no school.and i was on my 440 ex and my freind was on his stock 400 ex.and we were going up this steady incline like 2nd gear just puttin and i was behind him and he stopped in the middle and i pulled up to him(hill was not steep at all) and he pointed up a ways.and we could see this bear.it was a pretty good sized blackie.we were about 50 feet away,and we just sat and watched for awhile,then it walked into the brush and we rode to wear it left off after a bit,and he left a good trail.it was on my freinds property too,and we were gonna get off and go walk but i told nole thats not a good idea.glad it was a cool sighting not a life threating one.tell me your stories

Tater049
02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
i got invited to go to vermont on friday and i couldnt bring my yfz. so i was on my friends z250 and we were riding down his long driveway and i was in front. I suddenly slam my brakes and so does everyone behind me. About 70 feet ahead were a pack of wolves about 7 of them. So, i drove slowly up to them and they didnt move. I was about 10 feet away from them, and was moving at one mph. All of a sudden they got scared and took off into the woods. It was so wierd.

jordan_400ex
02-22-2007, 02:05 PM
yea,thats so weird.we have bears cougars and coyotes.but i dont think there are wolves in oregon.if so way on the eastern part.i know there is in like wyoming and stuff.but they could be in the eastern part.its just weird to think wat kinda crap could be out there.like bogfoot?ive never seen anything liek that but its scary to think something like that could be out there.thats why i rarely ride alone off my property.

jordan_400ex
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
hey tater,your the kid i talk to on myspace with the recon huh?

quadslider
02-23-2007, 11:05 AM
my encounter wasn't really speacial but it was fun, me and two of my friends chased a possum around for awhile, they are probally the slowest and dumbest animals im seen.

Xater
02-23-2007, 11:09 AM
ive seen a ton of stuff, bears, deer, moose, possoms, a turtle and a bunch of other things.

Tater049
02-24-2007, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by jordan_400ex
hey tater,your the kid i talk to on myspace with the recon huh? nah man i dont have a recon

Eviltanker
02-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I hit a deer on a 250R once. Does that count?

jordan_400ex
02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
I hit a deer on a 250R once. Does that count?

haha yea,did u kill it?wat happened to the quad?

Old Dirtbiker
02-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Some buddies of mine were trespassing once when Deputy Fife thought he'd be cute and park at the exit to farm we were on.
Somewhat like a table top is where he was located with thousands of acres to escape on his other side.
We all felt comfortable enough with each others riding ability to stand on the gas and hit the dirt bank that he was parked on.
About half of us burnt rubber across his trunk and escape on the other side. I have never been lucky enough to see any bears or big cats though. That would be the ultimate.

400EXTRA
02-27-2007, 02:24 PM
WE HAVE NOTHIN LIKE THAT AROUND HERE

Eviltanker
02-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Deer died. I broke my hand and 2 ribs. I Had a big repair bill, pretty much tore the front end apart.

jordan_400ex
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Old Dirtbiker
Some buddies of mine were trespassing once when Deputy Fife thought he'd be cute and park at the exit to farm we were on.
Somewhat like a table top is where he was located with thousands of acres to escape on his other side.
We all felt comfortable enough with each others riding ability to stand on the gas and hit the dirt bank that he was parked on.
About half of us burnt rubber across his trunk and escape on the other side. I have never been lucky enough to see any bears or big cats though. That would be the ultimate.

around where?no bears cougars wolves?

#1rmman220
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
i got invited to go to vermont on friday and i couldnt bring my yfz. so i was on my friends z250 and we were riding down his long driveway and i was in front. I suddenly slam my brakes and so does everyone behind me. About 70 feet ahead were a pack of wolves about 7 of them. So, i drove slowly up to them and they didnt move. I was about 10 feet away from them, and was moving at one mph. All of a sudden they got scared and took off into the woods. It was so wierd.

there is no such thing as wolves in Vermont they are extinct not bashing but it was prolly cyote's

poogi
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Deer died. I broke my hand and 2 ribs. I Had a big repair bill, pretty much tore the front end apart.
damn dog thats gotta hurt!!!:eek2: :eek2:

sparta4188
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I live in nj and we have ALOT of wildlife around here so i've seen many bears on the trails,many deer and tons of turkey. 2 day's ago there were 28 turkey in my backyard. so yea sometimes it's alittle creepy when your on your doing 'bout 50 on your quad and a bear is blockin the trails