PDA

View Full Version : What else is there to do?

Bayman111
02-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Is there anything else to do to the MXR 90 to make it better?
Such as engine mods or suspension mods etc.

mxdad789
02-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Suspension for sure. Get a hold of Billy Holt at WRH Racing hes got hardened gears that work great and he also can make that thing scream. On my 07 i put Fox shocks on from Billy and love them.

aasco90
02-17-2007, 07:22 PM
mxdad can you post a pic of the front and back shocks on your kids quad, i know billy's kid is running them on his , my son ran one on back for a few mouths then blew it up, maybe not the same air shock?

ecmini1
02-17-2007, 08:40 PM
If your riding mx better get the transmisson mods done. You can put the harden gears in and they will still break.

Which carb and intake set up do you have? If its the carb under the seat dump it and go with the side intake. Suspension and a steering stablizer is next.

Bayman111
02-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Well I dont think I'll use floats cause I've got 3 spare pairs of 12''
Elka's laying around the shop, but if i get some new a-arms then I may use floats. I'll definitely get the Tranny hardened up. I just saw a tranny saver on teamsimsracing.com but it wont be ready until March, but im still going to get it.
Another question: Can i use the engine mods out of my old Dinli 90 in the Apex?
such as: Koso Pipe, Stuffer crank, Clutch parts, etc.

ecmini1
02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes the parts will swap that you mentioned. If you dont want to wait till march we have been doing the bushing mod. on the apex and other minis.