PDA

View Full Version : Northern Cali Cross Country!

hokes
02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Are you from Northern California, or a surrounding area? Have you ever wanted to race cross country? I know that this is nearly impossible if you are from this area unless you are willing to travel quite a distance.

I have contacted AMA District 36 representatives about possibly adding a quad class to the some events on the bike schedule. They will be bringing up the topic at the next meeting, scheduled for February 21. So far, I have been told of at least 1 race that could have a quad class, but not until the 2008 schedule. We need to show them that there are a lot of Quad riders out there interested in this. They will be more accepting if we can show that we have a lot of potential as far as bringing in money and supporting in keeping our riding areas open.

Now, what I have told them is that I will try to jump on every ATV forum that I know of and feel out what the interest is for this. If you are interested, please contact me. Or if you know of someone that would be interested, please forward my contact information and have them get a hold of me.

You can check out the District 36 site at http://www.ama-d36.org/

You can contact me at Rodriguez_ben4@hotmail.com

This is a good opportunity for us.