PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 700 Suspension Question

K400EX&A250EX
02-17-2007, 09:16 AM
I will soon have a few dollars to put into the front suspension on my Raptor 700 and wanted to ask for a little advice. Since I have limited funds, I have to decide between the following. I KNOW it would be best to do both...but I don't have the money to do so...so I would appreciate any input you have on the options that I CAN do. I do not race...and ride mostly dunes...but we DO ride the dunes HARD. I jump a little, but nothing major. The main think I'm looking for is a smoother ride in the dunes (especially on busy weekends when it is all rutted up) and a little better turning.

Option 1

+2 A-Arms and Steel Brake Lines w/ Elka Triple Rate Dune Edition shocks (no resevoir and non adjustable)

Option 2

Stock A-arms and stock Brake Lines w/ Elka Triple Rate Dune Edition with resevoir (still not adjustable)

I guess the question boils down to which set-up do you feel would give me the best handling (based on my riding style above) for the limited funds that I have.

f4istunna
02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
i ride a completely diff style then you but i threw a set of yfz shocks on the stock a arms and notices a huge difference, i woods ride, xc so stock width is wherre its at for me, but i have heard quite a few ppl tell me that under hard riding shocks w/ out resi's will get spongy after justa short period of hard riding so may want to keep that in mind. Resi is the way to go if you plan on riding hard at all