PDA

View Full Version : Scooter bike, Question for you.

blholtz
02-17-2007, 08:21 AM
You stated in another thread that you had a throttle position failure at 50 hours of run time.

How did the engine act when the sensor failed?

Did it infact start missing real bad and running rough as heck and not idling for crap either?

Mine started doing all of the above and I can't figure out what the heck is going on. The ECM is not even picking up a fault code.

csimp3
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
have you checked the swirl tank filter? i think thats what it is called, people said that they will make similar problems, do a search for that, hopefully that is it

blholtz
02-17-2007, 05:31 PM
That is not it unfortunately, was the first thing that I checked and replaced.

I have: checked all the wiring for shorts, installed new piston, checked the valves, changed the spark plug, put fresh gas in the tank, again checked the swirl tank, and dissassembled the fuel pump to check to see if the strainer is plugged.

This has got to be it. Did all of that work and then remembered that I had replaced the throttle position sensor in a Jeep Cherokee for a friend that had the exact same symtoms, when all was complete the jeep ran like new.

Only problem that I have is none of the dealers around here seem to want to stock electrical parts. Ordered one from Cernic's just wasted a week of vaction trying to figure this out. DUH.

Oh by the way if anyway happens to need to get a throttle position sensor for your LTR it is the same sensor used in the 03-06 GSXR 1000.

And another thing any one on here that doesn't think that synthetic is good for this motor is way off.

Pulled the original piston out thinking (well maybe not) that might be the issue.

Any way I have been running Amsoil 10w-40 in mine since break in and the piston had absolutly no wear marks on the skirts, there was still hash marks in the cylinder. Anyway I'm sold on it.

Now all I need is a sensor and we are back in business.