PDA

View Full Version : 48 hrs + 20gallons + tractor+ 5 acres= ........

Rootar
02-16-2007, 11:54 PM
well my parents jsut up and left this afternoon, gave me and my lilbrother 50 bucks for food adn gas and sadi theyd be back sunday night:eek: ...... that was a mistake:devil: im looking at it this way i have 48 hours, our kubota 39L backhoe, 20 gallons (10 in tractor and 10 in cans) of diesel, and 5 acres of pasture :eek2: :p :o :devil: :devil: :devil: :macho boy my dad is never gonna leave the key to the tractor at home agian, i operate heavy euipment as my extra job during the summer so lets just say im pretty fast at it. it was dark after they left but i went ahead and built my rythem section and half of the small whoops section, cant build the last four whoops until im done with my other jumps that im hauling dirt to on the track becasue they would be in the way. ive built a bunch jumps before but never built a section of whoops i think these turned out hard enough for the smaller set.... wait till you guys see the DEEP whoops tomorrow

here is the only pic i have for now but its just a teaser i guess it was too dark to get a good pic of the rythem section. i but post some tomorrow when i come in for lunch

i cant wait to ride these babies on monday (we're out of school)

Rootar
02-17-2007, 12:18 AM
btw those are a foot tall and 7 feet peak to peak, dont let the pic fool ya but they are all exactly the same distance apart.

the other section of whoops will be the deep ones that you have to double through

here is a quick sketch

1- ledge drop off 2foot drop
2- 70' tripple
3- smaller whoops section 8 or 9 total whoops
4- rythem section ( stepin double then 30-35 foot double...etc)
5- flattrack style corners ( fast and slick)
6- big double double style whoops
7- 45' stepon to a higher level
8- braker bump up onto the highest level
9- either step on step down the two levels or double double down the two levels.... havent decided yet

should be a good little practice track and i dont think the old man will be very mad since im keeping it along the edge of the pasture and not out in the middle.

muddy400EX
02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
i envy you

Architects
02-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Badass man!!!

hawaiikfx400
02-17-2007, 01:39 AM
wish i was you.your pops prolly nows you love to ride and will have now problem after he gets over the shock of seing a track in his pasture.deff post up some pics and once again i wish i had the stuffs to do that.post up making before and after and of coarse riding.i wish i lived buy you.:macho

csimp3
02-17-2007, 01:41 AM
looks sweet! hopefully he lets you keep it and doesnt get too mad about it

mic 902
02-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Thats awsum man. Get some pics up ASAP!!:D

TXATVRIDER
02-17-2007, 05:03 AM
I can't fit even fit a barn in my backyard that's awesome!

Rootar
02-17-2007, 07:51 AM
i guess i stayted out too late i need to go get busy.... ill bring pics back when i come in for lunch

btw we have 4 pastures and a bunch of woods, this is our smallest pasture and its furthest away from my grandparents house (our only neighbor for 6 miles), our other pastures our out infront of our house between it and the road the just kinda surround it and this one is back off behind the barn and surround by trees and its hard to even see whats over there from the gravel road.:o heck my dad might not even notice what i did for a week, he never goes over there since we feed the horses and put out the hay.

z400rida44
02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
o man that sounds awesome. hopefully ill be able to build my own track pretty soon

killerofcrows48
02-17-2007, 08:14 AM
dude, your a REBEL! :p

LTZ400rider
02-17-2007, 10:12 AM
when he sees it act shocked and pretend u have nothing to do with it, and fill them diesel tanks back up so it looks like u havent touched anything

Rootar
02-17-2007, 01:24 PM
it was still shady this mourning but here is the rythem section, 25' step in double, then a 30-35 foot double, both are short and steep and i think i made them to where youll have to seat bounce the first one after you come out of the small whoops then really be on the gas to clear the second one, ill find out on monday.

#4 on the layout plan

Rootar
02-17-2007, 01:30 PM
here is the 45' step-on going up the hill (#7) and that last hump is the breaker bump over a ditch (#8)

dotn worry all the jumps are only about 8 feet wide right now but i want to jump them all and make sure i like the layout before i make them all about 12-16 feet wide, so for monday all the jumps will be one lined

88blaster
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Sweet:)

Rootar
02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
here is the turn at the top of the hill right after #8 and then the little kicker is part of section #9 which isnt done because i woke up to find the tractor had a flat and it took me awhile to fix it.

any suggestions for what i should build after this little kicker going down this hill you can see a better view of the hill im refering to in the post above this one

MX MaNiAc 06
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Thats sick dude. My dad would be proud of me for riding the tractor all weekend and not partying. In the summer thats all i do is build jumps on the tractor.

That lip for the step up looks real nice!

catch22blaster
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Thats pretty sweet man

Rootar
02-17-2007, 01:53 PM
here is the #2 i need to put about 2-3 hour jsut getting dirt to build the landing like i have shown and thats not the final shape but pretty close i think im gonna leave it at about 3-4 feet tall and really mellow becasue i was riding my buddies stock 400 around out there and i could get into 5th gear right before i passed the take off :o im gonna have to put a roller or something out there to slow it down before this jump... but it should look somehting like this maybe tonight or at latest tomorrow afternoon.

im gonna have to wait till the weather warms up before i can build my big section of whoops becasue the ground is way to soft from frosting every mourning but thats ok.

blue is to double and yellow is to tripple

hot sure how far of a jump this is gonna be just yet but atleast 65-70 possibly more casue i gave it way to much runway

Rootar
02-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
when he sees it act shocked and pretend u have nothing to do with it, and fill them diesel tanks back up so it looks like u havent touched anything

the deisel cans WERE empty i went and filled them when i got the tractor. and nah man ill own up to what ive done, its freaking awesome me and my brother and our friends are gonna have a blast plus i got all my dirt from out in the woods so its not like i dug a new pond or what i did with the runway for my ramp lol

he'll prolly thinks its cool becasue itll keep me and my brother at the house on the weekend instead of going off to practice at different tracks out of state all the time

here is a bettter out line for what im going for on the tripple. im hungry im post some more pictures of what i get finished later.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-17-2007, 02:16 PM
That triples gonna be sick man. I love how u make ur lips.

bah1491
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Haha, i did the same thing, except my dad was home, i went and got the dozer one day, and just went at it. Once theres no snow on the ground, i'll take some pictures for you

protraxrptr17
02-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Am I invited? :D Good job. Looks like it's going to be alot of fun to ride.

banshee84
02-17-2007, 03:17 PM
damn your lucky. Keep posting pics

BlasterEaten250
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
lucky:blah: I wish more than anything to have a track like that in my backyard

Rootar
02-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by protraxrptr17
Am I invited? :D Good job. Looks like it's going to be alot of fun to ride.

helllz yea zeb, dave and john and blake are coming up on monday, but now you can look at it as i have something else to ride up here besides my ramp so itd be more worth the trip for everyone to come out every now and then ride and hit the ramp plus these whoops are gonna "whoop" lots of people's rear

and as for the lips thats come from lots of trial and ever on other jumps plus when i build them like i did these they hold their shape alot longer becasue they have enough dirt behind the lip not to move and knock out from tires.

im heading back over there to work on the tripple right now.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-17-2007, 04:44 PM
You can deffinately tell uve got experience moving dirt. Everything looks real good. Almost every jump i have made i redo it half a dozen times to get it how i want it..

400exrider989
02-17-2007, 06:51 PM
man you lucky ****** i wish i lived like that!!

gets videos and pics up! lots of 'em!

Mike

suzukigirl
02-17-2007, 07:05 PM
thats awesome...i'm so jealous:p

Rootar
02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
this soft ground is giving me hell building the landings for the tripple. i have yet to like what ive done with the tripple so far maybe i can get it how i want it tomorrow mourning, and then all i have left to do is finish the two small whoops i left off so they wouldnt get in the way. and then finish marking the track with wood stakes and caution tape and barrels and so forth....

btw MX MaNiAc 06 you have the track thats cut into the hill right? you jsut leveled off one side of a big rolling hill and used the dirt to build the jumps and such. that track gave me alot of ideas.

its killing me not even being able to try out anything till monday its gonna be like going to a brand new track haha

idro
02-18-2007, 06:23 AM
lol your pic cracked me up that you drew in the comp. haha

gj on the track though :cool:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Rootar

btw MX MaNiAc 06 you have the track thats cut into the hill right? you jsut leveled off one side of a big rolling hill and used the dirt to build the jumps and such. that track gave me alot of ideas.

Nah thats not me. My track is only 4 jumps. Its about two thirds done.

Caseys 300ex
02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Well its sunday what do you have done so far.

Rootar
02-18-2007, 07:22 PM
here is the tripple, :ermm: its the best i could do for now, thats my brother on my dads can-am 650 for size comparison it turned out to only be 65 feet becasue someone moved my marker i had leaned agianist the fence to show me where to build at :mad:

Rootar
02-18-2007, 08:54 PM
i added a couple more and a starting whoop, i still need to put three more whoops on the far end of these but the tractor got another flat and my parents showed up right after i had it fixed agian..

my dad thought it was pretty cool, wasnt to happy about all the ruts the tractor left becasue the ground was so soft, but i got griped at becasue i still havent finished building ethans 400:o my track is more important haha

1fst400
02-19-2007, 05:19 AM
damn your bro must be sick to cleer that tripple on that can am :eek2:

Rootar
02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
its was fun today i changed the tripples takeoff up just alittle and gave it more of a curve, you couldnt land very predictably off it.

everyone wanted to see me hit my ramp as soon as we got over there so i hit it a few times and then we started riding.

i liked this pictures thats john of the 400 and my brother standing next to him

zack221
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Very nice track man.

Rootar
02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
here is me on the first jump of the rythem section, you drop over 7 feet to flat if you over shoot this thing :o i know and since your going slow you really feel it.

the whoops and rythem section was by far the best of the track, pop it in second coming around that back corner and just gas on it the whole time.

Rootar
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
here is me putting a hurtin on the whoops i cant wait to add a few more on the end of these

Rootar
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
the whoops really gave us a work out and are REALLY REALLY helping me, i went from wheelying through them, to very fast doubling through them, to skipping across them,

EVERYONE that races should have there owns set of whoops that they can hit over and over to practice on.

here they are giving me some trouble.....

CRich[814]
02-19-2007, 08:49 PM
make those sob's deeper lol. nice track/ramp/quad. i love you whole set up.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-19-2007, 09:00 PM
Thats sick man. I gotta make some whoops like those.

400eXr1d3rZ
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Get a video.

TrapZ400
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Very nice track. Everything on it looks sick. Good job

Unverfehrt400ex
02-20-2007, 09:49 AM
great track man. Hows your lil brothers bike comming along. that thing was startin to look pretty good.

shano
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Very nice track, wish I could make my own, but I dont have a tractor and theres to much trees on my 50acres lol. PLus we still have snow:(

killerofcrows48
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Get a video.

Good idea!!

02-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Dude that track is sick. Me and my friends just laid out a track today. We just gotta wait for the snow to melt and start building. Its gonna take for ever with us because all we go is shovels.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Dude that track is sick. Me and my friends just laid out a track today. We just gotta wait for the snow to melt and start building. Its gonna take for ever with us because all we go is shovels.

Do urself a favor and put a paycheck towards renting a bobcat or something. Make sure u have dirt and plans for everything before u rent it though.

rippenblaster06
02-20-2007, 11:52 PM
dude that is an insaine track for doing it your self, looks like alot of fun. im jelous. have fun....