PDA

View Full Version : skid plate

mbjtlr
02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I need a new swing arm skid. I have the Suzuki alum skid now and it has about had all it can take. I'm wanting a .250 thick plate that can take a beating. What do you all recommend?

indyZrider
02-17-2007, 02:57 AM
armadillo makes a good chassis skid and so does pro-armor. they are .190 though. i dont remember ever seeing a chassis skid that thick normally thats just the swinger skid. the armadillo ones are a good price to, i got the whole set for like 230 bucks on ebay. if you have your frame gusseted though youre going to want to get the pro-armor cuz the mounting hooks on the armadillo will get in the way of the gussets and not tighten down right. which swinger skid do you have?

the fat kid
02-17-2007, 07:30 AM
this might just be crazy enough to work, take two skid plates, put some catsup or your condiment of choice between htem and put em both on to have a super skid, and i know you are gonna ask" fat kid, why catsup?? well the answers simple, once youve obliterated the first layer your plate will basically "bleed" letting you know that you need a new bottom layer :) haha no for real though itd be expensive but get one and maybe trim the other to fit the bottom of it and join them together or you could get a 3"lift kit and 33" swampers.

mbjtlr
02-17-2007, 07:35 AM
The swingarm skid is what I need. I have the complete set of Suzuki Accessory skids. The a-arms and chassis skid have held up good, but the swingarm skid is just too thin. Just about every ride I have to straighten it back out or have it rewelded. I want something durable.

mbjtlr
02-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by the fat kid
this might just be crazy enough to work, take two skid plates, put some catsup or your condiment of choice between htem and put em both on to have a super skid, and i know you are gonna ask" fat kid, why catsup?? well the answers simple, once youve obliterated the first layer your plate will basically "bleed" letting you know that you need a new bottom layer :) haha no for real though itd be expensive but get one and maybe trim the other to fit the bottom of it and join them together or you could get a 3"lift kit and 33" swampers.
I'll save the 33's for my F150, 20" is a big as I want on my Z.

indyZrider
02-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by mbjtlr
The swingarm skid is what I need. I have the complete set of Suzuki Accessory skids. The a-arms and chassis skid have held up good, but the swingarm skid is just too thin. Just about every ride I have to straighten it back out or have it rewelded. I want something durable.

oh sorry i must have misread that! yeah then armadillo, pro-armor and prm make a heck of a good swinger skid also.

tjf
02-23-2007, 10:42 AM
I have a Pro Armor skid pate (.250) on mine and it seems to be holding up fine. Also have Pro Armor chassis plate and Nerf bars. It all seems to be a good quality product.

Zero74
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM
I use the PRM swingarm plate. Very high quality, and lines up perfect. This thing is bullet proof.

http://prm-atv.com/img/products/LT640.jpg

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=935&from=92&mfr=5

Flynbryan19
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Zero74
I use the PRM swingarm plate. Very high quality, and lines up perfect. This thing is bullet proof.

http://prm-atv.com/img/products/LT640.jpg

http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&specific=935&from=92&mfr=5

Werd. ^^^

Prm all the way. Toughest skid I've ever put on a quad. Get the .250 and forget about it. ;) I also have their .125 frame skid and highly recommend that too.

05Z400rdr
02-23-2007, 08:46 PM
deffinately prm..its a must-have. the .25 (1/4) inch holds up great, and it also covers the rear shock linkage!

Landon

mbjtlr
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
I had a Raptor 350 before I got my Z and the GYTR skid I put on had the linkage box like the PRM. It hung up on everything from ruts to roots. That was the reason I haven't looked into the PRM plates. Have you guys had any problems with that? If not let me know. Thanks for the info.

Zero74
02-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by mbjtlr
I had a Raptor 350 before I got my Z and the GYTR skid I put on had the linkage box like the PRM. It hung up on everything from ruts to roots. That was the reason I haven't looked into the PRM plates. Have you guys had any problems with that? If not let me know. Thanks for the info.

Nope, no hang up problems with ruts. As for roots, I don't ride to many places where roots stick out.

05Z400rdr
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Zero74
Nope, no hang up problems with ruts. As for roots, I don't ride to many places where roots stick out.

what he said. never had that problem!

Landon