PDA

View Full Version : need CHEEP risers

the fat kid
02-16-2007, 10:26 PM
ok so be damned if i didnt flip my quad the first weekend i had it, im good like that, and anywho i bent my bars, great chance to upgrade to something a lil sportier so i get a set of dirt bike bars cause i like how low and wide they are and get em on and boom now i know why they make risers, soooo i cant find risers for less than like 49 bux why dont they make some for friggin like 20 bux?? if not ill fab up something but i dotn wanna go through the trouble anyone know of anyting i can do or mayeb even some "ghetto" spacers?

hawaiikfx400
02-16-2007, 10:41 PM
have you looked at the rox risers pricey i think 100$but the also are antivibe and cheaper than a longer stem.i did the same thing bought t2 kit and they sat to low.i ended up buying a new +2 houser.well i wasted some $ on the tag bar clamps(only fit stock stem)but oh well some one might want to buy them.i love the +2 stem.i wouldnt jimmy rig your bars.fork out the cash it will save you in the long run.

the fat kid
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
my father in law pretty much owns a metal fab shop, so i was thinkin about giving him my bottom clamps and telling him i need the same shape just an inch taller, idk i guess out of aluminum, hes got waterjets and cnc machines, i dont think hed charge me, oh well i guess thatll be the way ill go im not really liking the idea of paying a hundred bux for something that should cost 20 but i guess thats the industry. paintball is way worse but i still play that,,, oh well thanks

trestle101
02-18-2007, 08:00 PM
i think i paid like 40 bucks maybe 50 for my rox risers

meankfx
02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
i just bought some from rockymountainatv for 20 bucks http://rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=12976&navTitle=Control&webCatId=12&pageLinkUri=&vehicleType=&webTypeId=70&navType=type