PDA

View Full Version : Taken advantage of!!!!!

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 04:42 PM
hello exriders, i have only been a member for a short time, but like most of you, really enjoy this site. I have learned alot about how to fix and fix up my quad. then I thought I would sell my carbon scoop that was never installed and accepted a trade from FOURZEROZERO for a steering stabilizer. below is a copy of the complaint I registered today with the NEW JERSEY state attorneys division of consumer affairs office:

On 9/17 I posted a carbon fiber hood for an atv on the website "EXRIDERS.COM" to sell or trade.
That same day Jeremy posted that he would like to trade a steering stabilizer for the hood.
After working out the details of the trade we agreed to send the packages priority mail on monday 09/23/02. after not getting my package I asked Jeremy if it had been sent, he said his brother had hip surgery that day but he would get it out tuesday 09/24.after a few messages back and forth throughout the week he claimed it was sent wednesday 09/25.There are currently two other members on this board asking Jeremy about packages that were supposedly sent. His reply is "check your mail they will be there" or "I dont know how they were mailed, my mom sent them" as of today 09/30/02 Jeremy cannot tell anyone how or when the packages were sent, nor has he produced any documentation stating this. I have all documentation relating to this transaction (shipping receipts, emails, personal messages, and threads from the message boards) that I will fax to your office when requested.
I am also posting a copy of this form today 09/30 to encourage the other two members to file a complaint.
Thank you for your help in this matter,

MY intention is not to start a flaming thread, but make everyone aware of how serious taking money through the mail and not delivering product can be.
Also, think of how much it sucks to walk out to the mail box anticipating that cool part for your quad and wondering if it will ever come.
MODS, if this thread gets out of hand just go ahead and close it,
just wanted to share my story.

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 04:45 PM
Also forgot, if the parts in question do show up this week, I will clarify that on the boards.

Doibugu2
09-30-2002, 04:48 PM
That sucks, I don't understand why people want to cheat other people over $100 bucks. Pretty soon, nobody is going to want to trade or buy from anyone. As the saying goes, a few bad apples spoils the lot. Or something like that.

:grr Send him his stabilzer!

4punksdad
09-30-2002, 04:51 PM
finally someone has taken some action. pat yourself on the back for me.

redrider ex
09-30-2002, 04:56 PM
good luck

DMC mx400ex
09-30-2002, 05:37 PM
yeah good luck, and if u never get it let me know and i will have it arranged ot send him poop in the mail....:D, and label it" Free trial 400ex accesories from roll design.

hehe

Bean
09-30-2002, 05:46 PM
kids these days, need spankins from their mommys, free lovin hippies ruined it all, now we hav a bunch of young punks growin up, LMAO

09-30-2002, 05:52 PM
dude they were sent... are u guys really that dense. i dont understand why ur making these threads THEY WERE SENT

AtvMxRider
09-30-2002, 05:52 PM
I think we need to have a something like a feedback for sellers on here like E-Bay has. this is getting rediculous one day these "KIDS' on here will grow up and see what it's like out in the real world when they have to actually work for there money. sorry had to get that out of my system.

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 05:55 PM
thats fine if they were sent, when the covered wagon pulls up and delivers them I will retract on this post,
I am on vacation this week, so I will be here to greet the mailman.

Doibugu2
09-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by fourzerozero
dude they were sent... are u guys really that dense. i dont understand why ur making these threads THEY WERE SENT

Then where are they? Clearly if you sent them a week ago they should be there. Quit scaming, find out where the package is, or send him his hood back!

09-30-2002, 06:00 PM
how about when u get the stablizer u look at the date sent and i will bet u the hood back they were sent out on wed

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 06:06 PM
FOURZEROZERO, when the part gets here I will post that it is here, I am not here to argue with you,
I JUST WANT MY PART, Thank you

Leo
09-30-2002, 06:07 PM
I don't know (and can't say) when or if he mailed the package out..

I do have considerable experience with priority mail.. I have learned that the "2 day average delivery time" claim is a bit optomistic.. Often times I can mail things cross country and have them arrive in 1-2 days, but occasionally it can take a week or more... That's one of the biggest problems with the US mail, it's very inconsistant..

Give him a few more days before condeming him a bad guy.

my .02

Leo

09-30-2002, 06:10 PM
thanks alot leo..some1 sorta on my side

09-30-2002, 06:11 PM
oh and btw ur in kansas im in nj man

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Fair enough Leo, Its just been excuses from the start and then Danney f says he is waiting 20 days, just makes a person wonder whats up.

kc 300EX
09-30-2002, 06:33 PM
99EXWFO--you did the right thing I think, maybe the guy did send you your parts, but i KNOW he didnt send me back my "lousy" 15 dollars, and that was MONTHS ago, Im giving him another chance and I hope he proves to be a little more mature, but who knows....

Castor-426ex
09-30-2002, 06:37 PM
this has been going on for awhile now...Ive never had a priority mail package show up over a week late. and I do think that if this person shipped the goods...they will give him a tracking number, or some information about how to track it....unless you tied it to a pigeon.....

I dont get it..really...why have your mom send it? not trying to flame...but arent you a big enough boy to handle that kind of stuff?

you advertised it..you should handle your transactions a little better in the future to prevent all this chaos...

thats just my opinion...

i hope you guys get your stuff....if not...get even

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 06:37 PM
I hope he did, I dont want to bag somebody for ripping someone off, not the intention, just want my part & wanted to bring some awareness to whats goin on around here,

I also want to commend LILTAZZ on the Works shocks deal,
Mailed when promised and got here quick, even after the guy at mailboxes etc jacked up the shipping. THANK YOU BRETT.

09-30-2002, 06:41 PM
LISTEN EVERY1 I GAVE HIM A WAY TO CONTACT THE PLACE I SENT IT FROM. I GAVE HIM ALL THE INFO. DO U REALLY THINK I HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE IF IM TELLING HIM ALL THIS. OH AND BTW I TRIED THE PIGION METHOD.. HE TURNED AROUND AND CRAPPED ON MY 400

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 06:44 PM
400, I will call them long distance tomorrow and find out whats goin on,
thank you for coming off a phone number.

09-30-2002, 06:47 PM
im really not the type of guy u guys think i am. i admit it was irresponsible sending it later then i said but it was still sent out. i really didnt want to rip no1 off i just sent it out late. really sorry

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 06:50 PM
Thats fine, when the part gets here I will post up stating that its here, simple as that, just follow through and it will be a done deal.

09-30-2002, 06:53 PM
just calm down with the threads and the posts. im getting flamed on by every1. theres nothing ican do just wait till u get it and say u received it

Castor-426ex
09-30-2002, 07:01 PM
im not flamin ya...im just sayin..i think we all need to drink some beer when this gets solved;)

09-30-2002, 07:04 PM
oh itll be solved believe me...i just gotta get my mom to sign a permission slip to have a beer

99EXWFO
09-30-2002, 07:06 PM
I agree with the beer thing, although it was a rough weekend at little sahara, I went out on the dunes two oclock sunday morning with Jack Daniels as my co pilot, he said we could do anything that anyone else could do,,,,,,he was wrong.

Castor-426ex
09-30-2002, 07:07 PM
lmao

kc 300EX
09-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Can i expect mine too? cuz thatd be awesome

09-30-2002, 07:56 PM
if every1 would lay off my back of course i will send it

DMC mx400ex
09-30-2002, 08:24 PM
im so glad i didnt have to send poop to anyones house...yet:devil

danney f
09-30-2002, 09:56 PM
Well beter "very" late than never. 22days after he received the money order for the parts and priority mail, I walk out on the front porch and there sets a package shipped ups with a tracking #. Finally the parts arrived. I will say it once again, THE PARTS HAVE ARIVED!!! I hope I never have to go through anything like that again.
Thanks everyone.

A little advise 4-0-0, when you sell something try to stick to the agreement and things will be a whole lot better.

Castor-426ex
09-30-2002, 09:59 PM
dmc..paper...or plastic? lmao

thats sick....have you actually done that??

Buzzsaw
09-30-2002, 11:49 PM
theres nothing ican do just wait till u get it and say u received it

tell that to the bank when you send your car payments late and see what happens

danney f
10-01-2002, 01:19 AM
Just a little advice, if you buy from 4-0-0 don't be in a hurry to get the parts, don't pay for priority mail(I gave him $15 to ship a 2# item and it came ups 22days later) O well I have my parts, so now I can get my wife off of my back. If any of you are married and have gone through a deal like this you know what I am talking about.

Castor-426ex
10-01-2002, 02:06 AM
what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing...youve done told her twice!!!

jk ladies...lol jk....:D :D :D

enault
10-01-2002, 05:10 AM
Dannyf,
I thought from the last post he didn't send it UPS and didn't have a tracking number? Fishy

danney f
10-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Yes, that is what he said, but I have the box right here and it says
UPS GROUND TRACKING # 1Z0721730340143203
Why he wouldn't give me the # and said there wasn't one, I don't Know. But I finaly got my parts, piston looks pretty rough, but I got my parts.

Hey 4-0-0 I have a turbo charger that will add 200hp for that 400ex of yours. I'll sell to you no one else for $100. Just send me the money than keep checking the mail for the next couple of months-it'll be there. HA-HA:D :p

danney f
10-01-2002, 07:41 AM
Here is the tracking # for the money order that I sent him Priority Mail- #23010640000127905365 You can look it up at www.usps.com if you would like to.

10-01-2002, 08:15 AM
I wonder if UPS and the USPS are finding a lot of action on those tracking numbers :D

10-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Give that N1664 his money back......

danney f
10-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Well I finally got to take a good look at the piston I've been waiting on all this time. I just glanced at it last night before I went to work. The thing looked like it had been seized up at some point, the skirts are all scratched and pitted. I'm no mechanic so I took it to my local quad shop and what they said is it is pretty much a paper weight, that it had been seized up and if it was bored into a cylinder it probly wouldn't last a week.
I hope everyone else has better luck than me with their parts. I am done buying used parts off the web.

10-01-2002, 12:20 PM
fourzerozero, that is messeed up dude. See what I'm sayin, you should quit playing all these games. You better be glad that was not me. I would come find your ***, I know you think I'm playing, but I am not. You will learn when you grow up a little bit that stuff is not cool. I would hope your parents did not raise you that way, and if they did try and be a better person than they are. To everyone else. 99 percent of the time that people are selling used is because the yare no good. It is worth the trouble to pay extra and buy new...just my opinion.

Braff1
10-01-2002, 12:39 PM
By entering the tracking number at UPS's web site the package was sent 9/25/02. Maybe it fell off the conveyor line?

JabberJaw
10-01-2002, 01:34 PM
oh and btw ur in kansas im in nj man
Maybe the postman should just click his heals and say.."There's no place like home..." sure would save time..

10-01-2002, 02:02 PM
that piston worked when it was taken out of my 300ex. i had a 315 kit in there but took it out to replace everything to stock. i know it worked cuz it did wehn i took it out

Dave310R
10-01-2002, 02:05 PM
LMAO... Jabber, you kill me.

kc 300EX
10-01-2002, 02:14 PM
you can PM me when you send me my money back

danney f
10-01-2002, 09:01 PM
If I can borrow a digital camara off of a buddy of mine this weekend I will take pics of it and let everyone judge for them selves what they think of the piston. But the local quad shop said he would not put it in, that all he would be doing is takeing my money, for the thing probly wouldn't last a week. I don't know, I'm not a mechanic.

11-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dave310R
LMAO... Jabber, you kill me.

hey another Dave w/a 310R,,...wow:huh

spincr4hire
11-01-2002, 12:17 PM
what goes around, comes around...:devil :devil :devil

zephead400ex
11-01-2002, 12:44 PM
400, that is f'd up man. You ought to drop your testicals and be man and give dannyf his d*mn money back.

First of all you didnt send it in time. Second thing is you acted like an *ss when he said he had not received his stuff yet. Third thing is really f'd up...you sent him a worn out piston.

400, be a man and send him his money back...

Zuki
11-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
what do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing...youve done told her twice!!!

jk ladies...lol jk....:D :D :D

LoL. My girlfriend asked for a new watch for her birthday.....I said "why? The clock on the stove works just fine" badabing!
j/k as well ladies;)

danney f
11-01-2002, 01:00 PM
I ain't worried about. Yea I got ripped but thats the chance you take. I only gave him $40 for the piston(but still $40 is $40) And $80 for harden rockers(which turned out to be in good shape, pretty hard to tear those up) plus $15 for priority mail(received parts 22days later). $135 total
All right you guys are getting me worked up about it again.

Plus figure in that I had to go and buy a new kit from profab.
O'well water under the bridge

11-01-2002, 01:09 PM
the thing is i didnt know that piston was that bad....when it was taken out of the bike along with the rockers, everything worked.

danney f
11-01-2002, 01:15 PM
You didn't notice the scrapes and gouges in the side walls of the piston? It was kind of hard to miss. Like I said water under the bridge.

Just going to advertise a little I have GTA Vice city for sale on ebay.
Brand new + some cheats
If anyone interested pm me and Ill give the item #
Thanks

own2424
11-01-2002, 01:23 PM
Danney, Just sue this guy for mail fraud! I just heard somebody got jailtime and got hit hard with fines for mail fraud! Youll get your point accross this way!

danney f
11-01-2002, 01:29 PM
Look at his profile. He's just a kid. He'll get screwed(maybe, you know what I mean) one of these times(hopefully for a lot more $). Its funny how things work out that way.

kc 300EX
11-01-2002, 02:25 PM
Heres my story about how I met Jeremy Chini, or Fourzerozero

Oct 11-13 was the races in Wildwood, "Thunder in the Sand". Yeah, well, Jeremy had ripped me for 15 dollars, 15 dollars is pretty important to this kid I assume. I read in a post that he was going to be racing there, i figured I could give him another shot and I would ask for my money at the race.

Anyways, I looked at his signature to get an idea of what his quad looked like, easy, hood, holeshots, LSR axle, Nacs graphics.

I was at the race, saw the quad wich I thought was his, there it was, 400EX nacs graphics holeshots hood and axle. There was some dopey looking kid washing it or something, he looked like he could be 16(Jeremy's age) So I went over to him and asked "Hey, are you Jeremy??" the kid replied "No" I said "Then who are you?" He said something I didnt catch, Mike or something, he kinda trailed off.... So I then said "Ok, who's Jeremy??"
"I dunno"
"Well is this your quad??"
"No, some guys, over by the bulletin board watching the race"
"Yea ok whatever bye"

Well, a few hours later me and my cousin were over by the board where the post the Order of the Motos, people names and numbers and that stuff. Well, the same kid was over there. my cousin decided to strike up a conversation:
"Hey"
J"Hey"
"You racing?"
J"yeap, you?"
"Yea, what class?"
J"4stroke B"
"What do you ride?"
J"400EX"
"Me too, what number?"
J"02
Blah blah blah blah Bye Kid

So yea, we look up on the board, find number 02, name next to it, Jeremy Chini, wow, what a god damned surprise, Can you believe this ***?

Well he lied out right to my face once already, so the next time I saw him, Id figure I should ask about it. I saw him satnding there, I said Hey Jeremy why do you have to lie to me?? He said I didnt and started to walk away. I said yea you did, thats not kool. He walked over to his friend, who was in his twenties and about 6'6" and all muscle, keep in mind I am a scrawny 15 year old. Jeremy got his buddies attention, pointed to me inconspicuously and they both chuckled.
I walked over to him, and I said I dont get it, its my money, why dont you just give it back
He said he didnt have any money on him
I said fine give me something of equal value
He handed me a bag of candy he was eating
(this upset me, Im a diabetic and cant eat candy)

I didnt know what to do, the kid is a jerk, I could have punched him in the face but I didnt, that wouldnt have gotten me my money back, and I was sore from racing anyways. All I did was walk. One day he will get what he deserves.

In case anyone is wondering he did HORRIBLE in his races, he got close to last the first one, and not in the tope half the second, i didnt get to race him, thats too bad, he is a jerk, and I hope he rides off a cliff or something and breaks his leg and his parents sell his 400... and dont rip anyone off

11-01-2002, 02:33 PM
number 1 kc, you said whats your name i said JAY, which is what all people call me no1 calls me jeremy. 2 i probably did better then you with 11th overall. and the reason i did bad was because i got stuck in the mud behind somebody who got stuck. and you call me dopey one more time and ill woop your diabetic ***

Guy400
11-01-2002, 02:35 PM
All I can say is I'm so sick of seeing this kid associated with botched transactions. How someone can say they didn't realize the piston was so scored is beyond me. You removed the piston?! Did you do it with your eyes closed and then throw it in a box for shipping or did you just not care as long as you got your money for the parts?

11-01-2002, 02:37 PM
i had a local shop do it. they put it in a box and i just transfered it to another box. ask him i didnt clean it up or anything it was just in my hands for maybe 10 seconds

11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
btw if i wanted to rip him off you think i would send him perfect rockers and a screwed up piston...dont think so

danney f
11-01-2002, 02:40 PM
Well I was hopeing that it wasn't done intentional but after reading that I would have to say that it was. And that if we hadn't threatn to get the law involved than he would of just ripped us off. Sad

11-01-2002, 02:44 PM
it wasnt done intentionally for one thing. second, i sent the parts out before u guys said ANYTHING about the law

own2424
11-01-2002, 02:45 PM
i had a local shop do it. they put it in a box and i just transfered it to another box. ask him i didnt clean it up or anything it was just in my hands for maybe 10 seconds Yea...Sure! :devil

danney f
11-01-2002, 02:46 PM
I talked to 99exwfo and he said when he also finally received his parts they were pretty much a paper weight also. Just what he told me.

11-01-2002, 02:47 PM
bull**** that stablizer was in perfect condition. needed one bolt to hook it up to the frame thats all it needed.

danney f
11-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Well I'm down with this bull crap. There is nothing that can be said that will change what the outcome was. Everyone that has read this thread has seen my side and everyone else's. Just if you are able to sell eanything else on here or not just make sure it's as good as you describe it. It'll save a lot of headachs.

kc 300EX
11-01-2002, 02:56 PM
ok JAY, sorry for the mix up, but, I still got no money and you still laughed at me for asking for it. You arent very popular on this site, and I hope you leave and dont come back.

If you want to know I got a 5th place in my first heat and a 6th in my second. I got 6th overall. Yes, on my 300EX. Why am I so awesome you may ask? simple matter of Traction and skill, two things you lacked. (I also dont suck like you) if you dont wanna be called a Dope then stop being one. If you really wanna kick my diabetic *** come on up here and try, Ill PM ya directions if ya want. Have fun and practice often alright

Guy400
11-01-2002, 02:57 PM
I think all parties involved in this thread have said what needed to be said.