PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problems?

ECATV Raptor
02-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a 2003 Raptor 660r and everytime I have it in first gear and let the clutch out the quad doesnt go at all. I can rev the engine real high but no go. then about a min to 2 min later it will slowly take off. Then I'll shift into second and it doesnt want to go very fast, and does the same in all the other gears. But eventually it will get "warmed up" and ride normal. Ever time I go to stop to talk to someone and then go again it acts up all over again. If I'm on any slight hill it'l take forever till it gets up it. Then finally today I was runnin on my track and the power just disappeared. It would rev and everything but wouldnt go anywhere. I could get off the quad in first gear and it would just sit there ideling. I was wondering if this could be a clutch problem? Thats the only thing I can think of. Any ideas of what this could be? Thanks

interceptorz28
02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Your clutch might be toast. What is the history of the bike? If you know the previous owner, ask him if the clutch was ever replaced. Has the bike been beat on?

...you probably just need a clutch. If you have any knowledge of working with tools, its very easy to put a new one in. Or around 300 bux for a shop to do it.

ECATV Raptor
02-25-2007, 10:12 AM
The quad isn't beat. I always take good care of it. The owner never changed the clutch on it. It had about 20 hrs on it when I bought it and now it has about 180. When I check out the clutch will I be able to see if there is anything wrong with it. Replacing the clutch myself isnt a problem. What specific parts do I need or Would it be better to replace the whole assembly.