PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb wtf........................

Lukeidiot
02-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Im so pissed off atm, i just took my carb to get rebuilt and the stupid people didnt even fix what i wanted fixed in the first place. I wanted the idle screw fixed as, i told them and its still not fixed.

can anyone help me fix the **** myself?
the screw does nothing when you try to turn it.

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 02:48 PM
sounds like it's broke to me.

ohsobad_chevy
02-16-2007, 08:53 PM
You sure that you are turning the idle screw? Just a thought......take the carb out and pull off the side, you will see how the idle works and maybe you can see where the problem lies. :ermm:

400eXr1d3rZ
02-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I suggest you take that stupid knob off, the cable breaks easily. Get a pair of small channell locks or plyers and turn the throttle-stop-screw. Look where the idle cable connects to the carb, there should be a flat sided thing, turn it to the right and your idle will go up.

Lukeidiot
02-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I suggest you take that stupid knob off, the cable breaks easily. Get a pair of small channell locks or plyers and turn the throttle-stop-screw. Look where the idle cable connects to the carb, there should be a flat sided thing, turn it to the right and your idle will go up.
when i turn my idle screw it acts like it isnt catching, or slipping.

ill try your idea tomorrow

Kickstarts-suck
02-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Lukeidiot
when i turn my idle screw it acts like it isnt catching, or slipping.

ill try your idea tomorrow

the screw could be striped out OR you need to turn it alot more to get it to push up on the throttle.

so another guy from jacks :devil:

jeremy_283
02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
the little wire on the inside torqued and broke...... i did it before to...... push the throttle in when u turn the screw.... it keeps it from breaking....... you gotta order a new idle adjustment screw cable from a place like motosport.com its like $15 i think or less