PDA

View Full Version : 465 trinity kit

parts eeter
02-16-2007, 09:18 AM
I have a buddy that is selling a 400 ex that has a 465 trinity kit in it,plus 2 arms and ohlins shocks on all corners.Its definitely a nice kit but I havent heard of anybody running these kits on the board.Plus I dont see how you can get 465 cc without stroking the crank.All thats included is a piston,sleeve,cam,pipe.You can only go to 89mm I believe???Which is the same as a 440 piston

Kaleigh
02-16-2007, 12:14 PM
There are 465's that arent stroker.. would be 500 with a stroker..

I believe duncan racing also has a 465..

underpowered
02-16-2007, 12:24 PM
it is a 92mm piston. you have to have the actuall cases bored to accept the much larger sleeve. i know there are afew on here running the 465 kit. and on a 440 sleeve you can usually go up to an 89.5mm piston, a tru 440. the 89mm is only a 435.

parts eeter
02-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Well Unfortunately I missed the deal on it as I was scared that it was a race fuel only motor..However the Trinity 465 was only an 11:1 (he said is was 13.5:1) which was well within the realm of pump gas and the same as I run on my 416.My buddy runs race fuel on his stock 450 as well so I should have known he was just running it to say he was in the 465 ex.I was however worried about the reliability of the 465 so I stayed away from it.Oh well if it was so great I guess he wouldnt have bought the 450,but he did complain about the lack of torque on the 450 and was a much faster woods rider on the ex.But I am sure with enuff $$ the 450 will be great as well.I really wanted it cuz it had shox,arms,and a few other goodies I havent bought yet.But I built mine myself and I trust my engine building skills more than a stranger so I guess all in all I will end up with my trusty old 416.I found a fully built Elka/roll/sparks 450 for 5800 locally and its pretty nice but I know the dude beat the he%$ out of it. I am thinking of upping to the 426 kit on my ex.Is it that noticable?? That is switching from a fresh 416 to a 426 or should I go 440???

speedphreake
02-22-2007, 10:07 AM
I would spend the money and build your bike the way you want it. I bought one that was "built" and is nothing but headaches. Alot of half fast work. There is alot of nice parts on the bike though but haven't had much time to even ride it yet because of all the problems keep coming up. I bought another frame and will be building it from there up myself so I know its right, the way I want it for how I ride. Only problems I should have will come if I get cheap or half fast something.

parts eeter
02-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah,I am gonna just buy some Denton plus 2 arms and lines with clamps,and I am thinking of getting a G force axle,but since the extended billet hubs are available now I may stick with a stock axle because I have never bent it.Do you think the G force is junk??I am only thinking about using it because the area where the bearings ride on my axle is starting to show wear and it has a little slop in it even with new bearings.Other than those mods I am pretty much done on trhis quad other than normal maint and some frame painting.I have to say thanks again for all the help from everyone especially Tyler for guiding me in the right direction as my ex performs better with every mod.:D