PDA

View Full Version : E-start

miami305
02-16-2007, 06:52 AM
I AM CURIOUSE ABOUT THE YFZ 450 I AM GETTING A NEW QUAD AND I AM UNDECIDED. MAYBE U GUYS CAN HELP. I WANTED TO KNOW WAT BED THINGS CAN I EXPECT OUT OF THE YFZ WEN IT COMES TO E-START. I AM BETWEEN A 450R AND A YFZ450 PLZ HELP ME OUT GUYS THANX

old-XC-guy
02-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Depends on stock or built.. I have a high compression 2004 , It fires good as long as the battery has hot power. If it gets low you will see it drag to start . Best soulution either way is a higher volt battery for a worry free electric start. If you want to stay with the stock battery box , take your battery out and take it with you to your choice of stores and compare your stock size to something in a street bike battery they have more volts...

But if you want to just go big... Look up a company on e-bay called ( HEP ) they make some very well built oversize battery boxes , they look great and with very little cutting you can put a larger battery in it and never worry.

They can be just as fast as kick start, but hella easyer !!

miami305
02-16-2007, 07:41 AM
IVE HEARD ALOT OF STARTER PROBLEMS WITH THE 450R IS THE YFZ HAVING THE SAME PROLBLEM

old-XC-guy
02-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I havent had or heard of the starter problems, Im sure there are many that do. I think some people believe their having starter problems but 80 % of the time its something else.

I was a fim believer of the kick start as i always had 250Rs , but have figured out that the electric start can be more effective in some areas.. What kind of riding do you do ?

miami305
02-16-2007, 08:01 AM
MOSTLY TRAIL RIDDING SO I AM A LIL CONFUSED ON WITCH BIKE TO GET CAN U HELP ME OUT I WOULD PREFER KICK CAUSE IVE HEARD ALOT OF PROBLEMS BUT TELL ME WAT U KNOW

Bill Fuller
02-16-2007, 08:05 AM
No problems starting the YFZ. I have read many "problems" with the Honda 450's starting difficulties.

old-XC-guy
02-16-2007, 08:11 AM
I ride XC , play and race.. In technical spots in the woods I have grown to like the electric start. Sometimes its easyer to reach over and hit that start button, and hella faster !

On the line getting ready to start a race I think I would rather have the kick start. But thats just me. I think you would be more happy with electric start , besides the first time your foot slips off the kick starter and you hit your leg your going to hate it !

So if you go with a e-start make sure you stay up on the battery , best thing you can do is buy a battery tender and when your done riding plug it in and it will keep your battery full charged and ready to go...

Dont know if any of this info helps , I know its a hard place to be not knowing what to buy.. Why dont you try to test ride each and I would guess that would help you decide.

miami305
02-16-2007, 08:23 AM
hey wat would be a better year a 06' or 07'?

old-XC-guy
02-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Hear the 07s are bad ***... But I would shop a little and find the best deal.. And look for things on the bike already, like nerfs, pipe,?? the things you may think you want. Always better to have someone elses loss and your gain !!

miami305
02-16-2007, 08:48 AM
THANX FOR UR HELP AMA GO FOR THE 07 THANX