PDA

View Full Version : 12 Hour Days

TXATVRIDER
02-16-2007, 06:30 AM
I work 12 Hour Shifts in a Lab so if there isn't anything to test i'm on the computer. That's why you'll see my name like 500 times on all the threads cause hey what else is there to do...lol

Anybody else have an excuse?....lol:p

450ERRRRRR!
02-16-2007, 06:42 AM
I'm getting ready to retire.....so what are they going to do to me?
Go ahead and send me home early!!!!

02-16-2007, 06:48 AM
i work 12 hour days also...3 days a week, rotating between mon, tues wed, and thurs, fri, sat...both nights and days...

working sunday night, monday night, tuesday night right now...

on days that i am off in this cold weather and my daughter has school, i have nothing to do except for sit st the puter or watch tv...

TXATVRIDER
02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah i work 6 12 hour days then off 2 come back and work 6 12 hour nights and off 4 days then rotates like that. I love it i get atleast 50 hours overtime a paycheck time and a half. Work is slow right now so i'm usually playing on the computer. The damn internet filter they have up here won't let you go to anything it seems like. But atleast i have atvriders.com..:devil:

02-16-2007, 08:32 AM
my rotation works like this:

all are 7pm to 7 am or 7 am to 7pm

days: m-w for 3 weeks, 1 week of mon-sat, then 3 weeks of thurs-sat, then one week off...

come back from the week off on nights and do sun-tues nights for 3 weeks, 1 week of sun thru fri nights, then 3 weeks of wed thru fri nights, then a week off...

after the week off, the day rotation starts all over...kind of confusing at first but really nice...it gives me 6 weeks off this year, 7 last year(no vacation time though). if i don't work any ot, then i work less than 156 days a year(3 days a week times 52 weeks equal 156 minus the holidays i get off)

sundays are our ot days, the crew working thurs thru sat(wed night thru fri night) cover the sundays...

TXATVRIDER
02-16-2007, 08:57 AM
That does sound like a cool shedule, i just like having 2 weeks of vacation and 3 sick days a year. Where do you work? and what do you do for a living?

02-16-2007, 09:33 AM
i work at senaca/salem (http://www.senecaprinting.com/) as an apprentice press operator.

i can't schedule vacation whenever i want, but i get 6 or 7 weeks off a year. i know when they are before the year starts, if ieven wanted to go ahead that far, i could tell you what weeks off i will have in 2010...the weeks are always getting off on saturday either at 7 am or 5pm(we never stay until 7 unless we are working sunday) and i have off until the following sunday night or monday morning...

i have unlimited sick days, although if we abuse them, we get them recinded for the following year. they only pay us 73% of our base wage for a sick day though...

sly400ex
02-16-2007, 09:49 AM
A few years ago is when I racked up most my posts. I worked in the IT dept, when something wasn't broke I was on here playing, close to six hours a day at times.:devil:

I'm not a big poster by any means though, going on being here for six years and haven't even hit 2000 posts yet.:ermm:

red2004 TRX450R
02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
I Work for an ISP so im on the computer 9-5 M-F!
and i get a lot of fee time to surf the net. IF it was not for this site and a couple of others I may have quit my job years ago.
thanks exriders!

02-16-2007, 12:56 PM
what isp do you work for?

red2004 TRX450R
02-16-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
what isp do you work for?

USA Choice (http://www.usachoice.net)

they hiring any one at Seneca printing, i would prefer a desk job because i have a business degree.

02-16-2007, 01:28 PM
nope, no office jobs right now...just starter positions...there will be one opening up shortly in the press room on the 12 hr schedule, after they fill a 3rd shift in the label dept.

they start out at around 8 an hour and is at 10 something after a year...

FourFiftyFour
02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
When I went to graphic design school I was always on here because the classes were 4 hrs long..so that gives me most of my posts...I think I have 4000 or so on another forum that I posted on a lot at that time as well

red2004 TRX450R
02-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
nope, no office jobs right now...just starter positions...there will be one opening up shortly in the press room on the 12 hr schedule, after they fill a 3rd shift in the label dept.

they start out at around 8 an hour and is at 10 something after a year...

I would not mind a labor job but it would have to pay more then I make now, and have better benefits. I would be taking a huge pay cut.