PDA

View Full Version : Starter button stopped working

300excrazy98
02-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Today i go to start it, starts right up at a touch of the starter button. Then i turn the lights on, only low beams work, then i rev it up, the lights flicker and then went out. So i killed it.
Then later i go to start it and it doesnt start when i hit the button, i get nothing except the red oil light goes on when i hit it, like it always does. so i take the seat off, take a screw driver and go to the soleniod and touch the two. It fires right up, then i put it in gear and it dies as soon as it clicked. Then i started it again with the screw driver, put it in gear, rode if for like 30 feet and when i hit like higher rpms it died.

What is wrong with this thing and how do i fix it?

RosquistRacer39
02-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Your starter relay is gone out, but I don't think it should cause it to die.

firefighterjosh
02-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Sounds like a crappy battery to me. My KQ wouldn't start so I jumped the syslinoid and it started up too. I then changed out batterys and now it starts with the starter again.

Sounds like it had just enough juice to start it when bypassing the sylinoid.

Try putting your battery on a trickel charger if it holds charge and your starter button still dosen't work then you have a bad sylinoid. If the battery dosen't hold charge you have a bad battery

300excrazy98
02-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reply's but i fixed the problem. Turned out to be the relay under the soleniond