View Full Version : Big Tires on Front ?

schism_rhs
10-22-2001, 07:45 PM
I never see really big tires put on the front of a 2 wheel drive,

I don't mean Big as in wide cause that would be kinda dumb, but tall front tires to make your bike seem taller ?

maybe there is a good reason for this could someone tell me ???...I'm thinkin about it for my bike but I'm not sure...I'm deffinatley gettin some nice big ones for the rear ! oh yea, thats the stuff....

does anyone know what Realator tires are supposed to be like, they're reversable and look nice !

crday98
10-22-2001, 11:04 PM
this does not really pertain to your post but i had a friend that had 25" tires similar to the blackwater design on a blaster:D could you imagine how silly that looked,i was shocked that it had the power to turn them too:huh i think the reason why there are not too many really big front tires on 2wd quads is because it would cause it to become more unstable and would increase your risk for injury and in return would probably cause a lot of law suits.the relators are a big and heavy tire so make sure you got some power to turn them:)

knighttime
10-22-2001, 11:15 PM
All I know on that subject is that I'm gettin Realtors for the snow and I have 23 inchers on the front that work well. I've only heard good things about the Realtors.

10-23-2001, 05:51 PM
i think alot of x-country people do this for more ground clearance..when i got my quad the guy ran cross country and had 23's in teh front and said it gave him more ground clearance...i like my 19's.....:p

Warrioreater400ex
10-23-2001, 09:49 PM
i have some 22 inch razrs on the back of my 400..... i LOVE the razrs traction and grabbing power!! but the tire is so big and heavy when im jumping it pulls my rear end WAYYY down and brings my front up, i have to compensate even the smalles jumps with my brake. but i think next im gettin stock size razrs all the way around mounted on Douglas Ultimate billet rims.

Does anyone know the name of those awesome rims seen on the VOR and on one of the 250R's in ATVSPORT, it looks kinda like a clover leaf.