PDA

View Full Version : Forsberg on Nashville

400exfan19
02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Holy smokes, Nashville the top NHL team got Peter Forsberg for basically nothing. They are now goin to be unbeatable.

02-15-2007, 07:14 PM
forsberg is the most overrated player in the game today, and nashville dont have the experience thye need...top team in the regular season means nothing in the playoffs

02-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
forsberg is the most overrated player in the game today, and nashville dont have the experience thye need...top team in the regular season means nothing in the playoffs you are an idiot. the preadtors are the BEST team in hockey and have been the whole season. Kariya, Arnott, sullivan, Vishnevski, and now forsberg?!?!?! tell me we dont have an experienced team you idiot. Go back to watching basketball you twathttp://www.nashvillepredators.com/images/home/playersleft3.jpg

02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
kariya?? when did he win cups? sullivan?? how many all star appearances has he made? forsberg won cups, thanks to joe sakic and roy....forsberg dont have no more then 300 career goals...hes around the 250 mark, not shabby for someone that has been in the league for over 10 years :rolleyes: ...he is not a great, he has NEVER had a 40 goal season....and hes not a leader by any means, when has forsberg had the C on his jersay?

02-16-2007, 12:11 AM
kariya?? when did he win cups? sullivan?? how many all star appearances has he made? forsberg won cups, thanks to joe sakic and roy....forsberg dont have no more then 300 career goals...hes around the 250 mark, not shabby for someone that has been in the league for over 10 years :rolleyes: ...he is not a great, he has NEVER had a 40 goal season....and hes not a leader by any means, when has forsberg had the C on his jersay?

he had the c on his jersey in philly....and anytime that a player from the nhl is asked who the best all around player in the nhl is...they almost always say forsberg, when he's healthy...which is key. if he stays healthy nashville will be almost unbeatable. as far as saying they are the best that's a subjective argument. their record may be one of the best, but that's because they have a record of like 16-2-1 against chicago, columbus(pre-hitchcock mostly) and st louis...all crappy teams in their division. i'm a huge stars fan, but really just love hockey in general...so i'm thinking nashville is lookin' pretty good right now...

02-16-2007, 08:07 AM
the best ever was forsberg? what are you smoking...i can name a whole list of players that have way better numbers then him...ever heard of "the great one"? what about Mr HOCKEY?? gordie howe. more players that forsberg will never touch...yzerman, lemiuex, shanahan, lidstrom, brett hull, bobby orr, joe sakic, temmu salane, peter nedved (sp?), eric lindross, should i go on? and how long did his C last in philly????

how can you say he is the best eve when hes never had a 40 goal season? never been on a major underdog team like yzerman in the 80s and early 90s....forsberg is a joke, sure he has talent but he has no heart and is not an all round player...

02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
and a few others he will never be able to compete with, mark messier, luc robitie, markus naslund, todd burtuzzi, i could go on all day

02-16-2007, 08:19 AM
i have rarely seen forsberg stick it out for a long period of time and when he did, it was always with the colorado because they were a good team...his NHL totals are an amazing 246 goals and just over 600 assists...he does have a good amoutn of assists but divide out his goals...im not sure on how many years he been in the NHL but i rmemeber the 1996 avs and he was on there, so over 10 years...that divides out to 25 goals a seaosn, and hes bene in the leauge for longer then 10 years so about 20 goal seasons....wow. And hes the best today?? Then comapre him to markus naslund . naslunds has about 100 more goals in about the same period of time...forsberg IS overrated

JDiablo
02-16-2007, 08:21 AM
My avator says it all.

New Jersey Devils

02-16-2007, 08:30 AM
just got good measure, lets compare him to brendan shanahan shall we??? 250 goals in in career Vs shannys 626....wow real close huh?? and shanny aint even the best but he is in the top 20 all time...forsberg might be in the top 50 all time at best....again, forsberg is overrated...

i remember years ago they were comapring forsberg to yzerman..LMAO yzerman staying with 1 team for over 2 decades, building a dynasty, staying loyal, carrying hsi team through the playoffs, playing through major injurys, injurys that would ahve sent forsberg and almsot any other player home. Yzerman had just under 700 goals in his career :eek2: not only that but he stood about 5"10 and weighed about a steady 180 pounds, and out of all the thousands of players that went through the NHL bigger and stronger then him, he still managed to finish 6th in all time....sixith!! out of all the thousands that ever went though the game, for him to play as long as he did, wear the C for years and years and be consistant, have 50 goal season when your boy forsberg cant get a 40...yzerman had 155 points in 1 season before...what forsbergs best?? i laugh when people act liek forsberg is a ledgend, he aint nothing but a good world junior player that never fully developed, has skill, but has no heart and will never be in the top 20 greats of Hockey...

02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
and yes yzerman has had more then one 50 goal season....forsberg aint nothing when you comapre him to the greats...is rathe rhave stevie on my bench then forsberg anyday...and as far as the experience...nashville dont have much...arnott and forsberg have a few years behind them, but hwat about the rest of your team? sullivan aint nothing, comapre it to this years detroit team (not as good as we were in the past, ill admit that) but we are still have more experience then nashville, even without yzerman, shanny, and hull...we still ahve the dominator, lidstrom (one of the best D man in the game today), chelios, just between those 3 alone we have more experience then your whole team....thats true experience, when you have a solid 15-20 years under you, not some half *** career like forsberg, getting traded and *****ing all the time...then detroit still has the young stars liek dastyuk and zetterberg, witch talent wise ill put up agenst anyone else in he league, even crosby and ovechkin...now maybe you shoudl go back and watch some water polo...you TWAT!

02-16-2007, 09:59 AM
shut your mouth honda86...your a typical red wings fan and are just mad because you probably also live in michigan. I wish we could just disown your state and give it to Candada. everyone from michigan I know is a c0xsucker

02-16-2007, 10:03 AM
http://milehighstanley.com/images/wingssux.gif

02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
lets not call names here, just prove me wrong somehow....ill admit when there is a good team or a dynasty present, nashville isnt a dynasty by any means...once they win 3 cups in 7 years we can talk and untill forsberg gets in the 500 or 600 club, we could compare him to the shannys, yzermans, lemiuexs and hulls...untill then hes just another good player

450r51
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
nashville is not the top team in the nhl, nor have they been the best all year, the BUFFALO SABRES are by far the better team, and they have a lot more experience then nashville does in the playoffs.

plus nashville gave up too much young talent to get an overrated player, they are just trying to buy a cup this year, and i would be willing to bet, they lose the first round of the playoffs.

02-16-2007, 11:30 AM
lets not call names here, just prove me wrong somehow....ill admit when there is a good team or a dynasty present, nashville isnt a dynasty by any means...once they win 3 cups in 7 years we can talk and untill forsberg gets in the 500 or 600 club, we could compare him to the shannys, yzermans, lemiuexs and hulls...untill then hes just another good player

yep...bought and paid for huh? detroit every year had one of, if not the highest payrolls in hockey....lets see how they do now that there is a cap....:rolleyes: as far as smoking something that must be you, because re-read my post w/o bloodshot eyes and you'll see that i never said anything about forsberg being best ever!! i said ask the guys in the nhl NOW, and almost to the man they say when forsberg is HEALTHY is the best player NOW!! got it? and alot of the guys you mentioned did good in a different era...i guarantee you that gretzky, hull, yzerman would not put up the numbers now that they did then...with the defenses run the way they are now, and with the guys on defense now...they would be kept to a lot lower numbers now....so when your highly inflated detroit ego is making comparisons...lets make sure they are actually of comparible things ok? if you play hockey you would know that a guy like forsberg is not gonna be measured by how many goals he has scored like a brett hull...just like brett hull isn't gonna be measured by how many assists he had...or bob probert will never be measured by anything offensive...different guys do different things great period!! i've never seen wayne gretzky knock a guy the size of derian hatcher on his a $ $ while controlling the puck like i saw forsberg do....i'm sure you as a detroit fan you would take stevie y over forsberg on a team...what a surprise, but that would only be for his leadership qualities...but if i had to choose a guy for pure talent, and ability to carry a team on his back offensively forsberg is better.....you just need to face the fact that you are red wings fan, and forsberg and the avs stopped a couple of your runs cold to the cup, and it's impossible for you to look past that...:blah:

02-16-2007, 12:20 PM
i played hockey for years, and yes yzerman and hull put up better number playing AGENST forsberg in the 90s...dont u remember? and yes the avs did stop us and we stoped them as well. the Detroit colorado games in the mid 90s and late 90s were great! Everyone knows that....but in the end detroit=3 cups, colorado=2....forsberg is not the best player today, lack leadership qualitys and does not put up big enough numbers, i would take a markus naslund over him....forsberg hasnt built a team around him, he just jumps ships...

as far as the money issue, its a business...sure some players will go places that offer the most money...who wouldnt? but what you forget is that an organizaton cannot just be built off money...the new york rangers spent more on players then detroit did and still didnt make the playoffs for years and years, proves that you cant buy a cup...and not only that but look at detroits scouting! We scouted great players, including Yzerman, Fedorov, Konstintenov, zetterberg, datsyuk, lidstrom...etc scouting one of the best D man in the day today back in the early 90s, hes now our captain, he earned the C, unlike forsberg who gets traded to philly and they give him a C cuz he has talent :rolleyes:

and you say goal scoring is down?? what are you on??? They changed rules to make the game more offensive...dont you play hockey? or do you just play on the pond out back (ok if you do)?? so even with the rule changes and average goals per game is up forsberg STILL cant get a 40 goal season. And back in the 80s there was more clutching and grabbing that resticted the offence, yzerman and them still got 100+ points per season......i almost hate to watch hockey now because the rules r so strict. I am a Registered Referee and they enforce us to call every minor hook, slash or trip because they want goal scoring to be up in youth like it is in the NHL...so if goal scoring is up in the NHL why cant your boy forsberg put up any type of decent numbers?

02-16-2007, 01:03 PM
so if goal scoring is up in the NHL why cant your boy forsberg put up any type of decent numbers? he was on a sh1tty team most recetly and hes a team player. when hes on the ice goals happen

roundsy
02-16-2007, 01:31 PM
just throwing this out but phillys record this season without forsberg is 0-14-3 (15-20-5 with him, still not geat but much better than with out him )...sure hes over rated but most stars today are either over rated or underated. nashville gave up a lot for him, but in the end they got that player and thats what matters at the end of the day...will it pay off?...we'll have to wait and see

when forsberg is healthy he is one of the better players in the league IMO, bt he has leveled off from where he used to be with colorado in the late 90s

nashville had a bit of a slow start, but they are in the top 3 or 4 fo best teams in the league right now, and i would be ver, very surprised if they went out in the first round. their record (39-16-3) is top's in the league not because of fluke.

forsberg should be a great addition to the preds if he stays healthy, and if forsberg can perform like he has in the past watch out! (02-03 season when he took the art ross and hart trophy)

02-16-2007, 01:32 PM
truly great players dont have to be on a good team to post numbers...forsberg just isnt a great in the NHL thats all im trying to prove

02-16-2007, 02:05 PM
yah..look at the numbers Federov is putting up now on his sh1tty team :rolleyes: . you are just another dumb red wings fan.

02-16-2007, 02:07 PM
fedorov lost his drive, you could see it the last season or 2 he was at detroit...how am i dumb? i dont consider Fedorov an all time great either....good, yes but an all time great...nope

02-16-2007, 03:18 PM
look it's this simple...there are 2 types of great players...one is great on his own, and another raises the level of those around him....i remember a guy on pittsburgh by the name of rob brown...mediocre at best, but on a line with mario he had a couple of 50 goal seasons....forsberg is that kind of player...sakic does not and did not put up big numbers w/o forsberg...neither did/will gagne...what forsberg does is either draws attention to himself and dishes it off i.e. 600 assists...if they don't cover him he scores at will....

look here are the numbers of a couple of the guys you've been talking about...

forsberg...1.275 ppg
yzerman...1.159 ppg
hull.......1.096 ppg
sakic....1.203 ppg
shanahan.....0.912 ppg

don't hold against forsberg his injury problems...it happens...or do i need to remind you of a guy named cam neely...:eek2:

450r51
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
nashville does not have the best record in the league there haus, the sabres do, they have 82 pts, nashville 81, and detroit 80, after tonite who knows, hopefully nashville will lose.

Originally posted by roundsy

just throwing this out but phillys record this season without forsberg is 0-14-3 (15-20-5 with him, still not geat but much better than with out him )...sure hes over rated but most stars today are either over rated or underated. nashville gave up a lot for him, but in the end they got that player and thats what matters at the end of the day...will it pay off?...we'll have to wait and see

when forsberg is healthy he is one of the better players in the league IMO, bt he has leveled off from where he used to be with colorado in the late 90s

nashville had a bit of a slow start, but they are in the top 3 or 4 fo best teams in the league right now, and i would be ver, very surprised if they went out in the first round. their record (39-16-3) is top's in the league not because of fluke.

forsberg should be a great addition to the preds if he stays healthy, and if forsberg can perform like he has in the past watch out! (02-03 season when he took the art ross and hart trophy)

02-16-2007, 05:43 PM
detroits dynasty continues :D

450r51
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
detroits dynasty continues :D

dynasty, doubt it didnt they loose in the first round last year?

plus when was the last time they won the cup? 03? 02?

02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
dynasty, doubt it didnt they loose in the first round last year?

plus when was the last time they won the cup? 03? 02?

and they won't, not anytime soon with a salary cap.....but then again i wouldn't be saying much if i was you...being a buffalo fan from buffalo..:huh ...they have NEVER won a cup....in fact they lost to my favorite team.....:blah: ...oh ya....and besiades all this first place stuff is irrellivant....edmonton barely made it in last year(i think the last day) and look how close they got!! and i'm still ticked they didn't give the mvp to brindamour!!

02-16-2007, 06:14 PM
they are a dynasty and won the cup in 2002. 1998 and 1997, won the cup 3 years out of 7 and went ot the finals or conference finals more recently then any other team in the past decade...i consider that a dynasty, when they are the most consistant winning team in the last decade or so, if that isnt a dynasty i dont know what is....they outlasted the devils, avs st.louis and dallas stars from the mid and late 90s witch were all great teams, but ddint last as long as detroit as far as a powerhouse in the NHL face it, they are a dynasty...they are often refered to the chicago bulls of the NHL...

a sign of a good team is losing some of their top players (yzerman, hull, shanny) and still go into the next season as stanly cup contenders...wheres st. louis? at again??? in the late 90s st louis was always on detroits heals....detroit is a great organization, hate them or love them thats your choice but you must respect them!

02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
they are a dynasty and won the cup in 2002. 1998 and 1997, won the cup 3 years out of 7 and went ot the finals or conference finals more recently then any other team in the past decade...i consider that a dynasty, when they are the most consistant winning team in the last decade or so, if that isnt a dynasty i dont know what is....they outlasted the devils, avs st.louis and dallas stars from the mid and late 90s witch were all great teams, but ddint last as long as detroit as far as a powerhouse in the NHL face it, they are a dynasty...they are often refered to the chicago bulls of the NHL...

a sign of a good team is losing some of their top players (yzerman, hull, shanny) and still go into the next season as stanly cup contenders...wheres st. louis? at again??? in the late 90s st louis was always on detroits heals....detroit is a great organization, hate them or love them thats your choice but you must respect them!

cool...so you think that the yankees in the last 10 12 years are a dynasty then also...

Alberta_Qaudin
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
well honda86, anyone who puts nedved ahead of forsberg is an idiot. ntrust me i am in edmonton, and a HUGE edmonton fan and the biggest waste of 250,000 in the NHL, atleast forsberg has been aroudn and can still play, and with a team like nashville he should be laughin, he is a strong player and no doubt one of the best the NHL has seen, scoring isnt everything, playmaking and being in the game at all times make a player...and MR detroit dinasty. thank them for showing up against the LAST PLACE oilers in the first round last year.

and before you wanna trash th Oilers lets just consider 3 cups in 7 years to 5 cups in 6 years.......with out a detroit budget

02-17-2007, 04:59 AM
like i said il admit when a team played better, oilers played amaing that year and i think shocked EVERYONE that was watching, then going to the FINALS and almost got the cup...they knocked out more then detroit, their series agenst detroit was NOT a fluke by any means....yup the yankees are a dynasty as well, just like chicago bulls in basketball or the edmonton oilers in the 80s, detroit was the best team in the 90s and like i said, we are not as good as we once were but are still contenders for the cup....and the point im just trying to make is that forsberg is not a great in the NHL, he shouldnt ever be mentioned with the hulls, sakics, roys, yzermans, lidstroms, Stevens, Lemuixs, from this day and age....and to go back even farther he should NEVEr be mentioned or compared to the great one, or gordie howe

And as i mentioned before, if the rules were changed to make hockey more offensive, why cant "the great" forsberg get a 40 goals seaosn?

02-17-2007, 05:04 AM
bottomline is forsberg is good, but he is NOT the top elite players of the NHL, not even close to all the greats...and if you guys are just talking about 1 season at a time, i would say ovechkiin is the better all round pplayer then forsberg and hes 21 :D

02-17-2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
look it's this simple...there are 2 types of great players...one is great on his own, and another raises the level of those around him....i remember a guy on pittsburgh by the name of rob brown...mediocre at best, but on a line with mario he had a couple of 50 goal seasons....forsberg is that kind of player...sakic does not and did not put up big numbers w/o forsberg...neither did/will gagne...what forsberg does is either draws attention to himself and dishes it off i.e. 600 assists...if they don't cover him he scores at will....

look here are the numbers of a couple of the guys you've been talking about...

forsberg...1.275 ppg
yzerman...1.159 ppg
hull.......1.096 ppg
sakic....1.203 ppg
shanahan.....0.912 ppg

don't hold against forsberg his injury problems...it happens...or do i need to remind you of a guy named cam neely...:eek2:

Honda86 did you see this? forsberg doesn't need to get 40 goals...trust me if he needed to get 40 he'd get 40..he can go thru and around people with those hands...as far as ovechkin he's good, but 2 years in the league don't prove anything yet..and if he keeps hitting the way he does, and living on the edge he won't last 8 years in the league..

also just found this...assists per game ALL TIME!!
1 gretzky
2 lemeiux
3 orr
4 forsberg
..that's elite company in the nhl, i don't care if you're talking about a berping contest...i guess its just coincidence..:confused:

02-17-2007, 03:43 PM
notice all those guys on those lists are much older then forsberg and have played many more games, so even in their later years (not as good) they still keep a great points per game average. When they are 38, 39, 40 and 41 everyone stats die down...when forsberg is over 40 itll be interesting to see where his stats are then as far as points per game....and dont forget for the majority of his career he has had the help of a great captain named Joe Sakic....put forsberg on a team as bad as detroit was in the late 80s and early 90s, he wouldnt come close to what yzerman did...he probally would have requested a trade to the top team to play with all the other top guys...he has no heart with building up an organization, dont you understand that?

02-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Just a couple things i wanted to point out to you Forsberg fans about how much heart he has..

"I've never been traded at the deadline before, but you go from the team with the least amount of points to the one with the most amount of points, definitely I feel good about that," he said. "It's going to be a fun run for the final 20-plus games and of the regular season and into the playoffs."

Nice to knwo that your most talented player is going to leave when the times get rough...oh isnt he so great?? lmao

And finish this experience issue, or the lack of experience by nashville

"This is a team that is a young team and not a whole lot of guys have won the Cup," Forsberg said after he skated with the Predators for the first time Saturday morning.

I said it once and ill say it again, he just jumps ships when the organization isnt winning, you cant build a team around him, hes just basically a user...uses the good teams untill they turn bad (some faster then others)....funny how Philly isnt going to make the playoffs so he gets traded at the deadline to the team with one of the best records...Its sad to think of all the young kids that look up to him and just sees how he leaves every team when the tough gets going...Try and compare him to Stevie Y

02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
becaus ehe had a WHOLE LOT to do with getting traded. you make it sound like he did it himself. you are an idiot and every response you make makes you sound like an even bigger idiot. if you weren't such a dumbass red wings fan you would have shut the fux up a long time ago but of course, you keep responding with the dumbest **** iv'e ever heard. When forsberg is on the ice, GOALS happen. What dont you understand about that? he is one of the best players in the league right now and you are just jealous that your playoff spot is looking a little darker now that the preds have him. honda86 is a red wings fan which means every word that comes out of your mouth is complete sh1t

02-17-2007, 04:43 PM
calm down, im just trying to have some good conversation. Yes when he is on the ice goals happen and when you respond like that, threads get locked :D

I do understand that he makes goals happen, im just saying facts about him and his career and comparing him to others, is that a crime?:confused:

And now your making yourself look foolish, the wings basically have a playoff spot and with how consistant they are (over the last decade and 1/2) they WILL get a playoff seed. the last time the wings didnt make the playoffs i think was 1992?? maybe...not sure...so im not upset that the preds got him, it dont matter to me where he goes

And yes players can request trades, accept them or deny them, neogotiate numbers as well...Bet you didnt know that did you? and to share a little of my knowledge about this subject to your ignorant mind (not calling you stupid, ignorant is different, look it up)...lets say Avs wanted to get hasek from the wings, players like sakic and others could take a paycut from their salarys to make room to add another player as long as the whole roster is under the cap, everyhthing is good to go...Loyal players like Lidstrom Yzerman and Chelios have done that in the past to add players like Brett Hull...

So yes im sure forsberg did have an influence on witch team he went to...on drafts you cant pick, but with trades you can...players like fedorov have gone to teams that offered LESS money to them...did you know that?

you act like players get thrown around and have no choice....silly preds fan...like i said i know more about hockey then you might think....i got on skates when i was 3 and had offers to play junior hockey...i played in the major 18 and under leagues, played in selects, been coached by X pros...etc...as a matter of fact i played agenst sindey crosbys old team...we miss eachother by 3 years...what hockey experience do you have if i dont mind asking?

quadfamily
02-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey guys, Great topic and great arguments each way with stats and facts being quoted in a mature fashion. The exception here is Pilfered. All you do is insult teams, fans and entire states and curse up a storm. If you cannot have a grown up debate on here without resorting to childish tactics like these then please stay out of it. This kind of rude, obnoxious and childish behavior will not be tolerated on this site. You can consider this a warning to you. If you keep it up your membership to this site will be terminated promptly without further warning. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

02-19-2007, 12:47 PM
yup but it will be interesting to see how nashville does in the playoffs....i love playoff hockey, especially the first two rounds because theirs a great game on every night :D