PDA

View Full Version : mounting flags?

Locknload82
02-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Going to little sahara OK next month for first time. got some flags to mount on our quads. They are 1/4" diameter and have a bolt on the end they are glued into.

Wondered what was the best way to mount these to deal with them breaking if we turn the quad over, should I simply bolt them on, or cut the bolt off and mount them in something else?

have seen spring mounts for sale for them, but they are $22 each and we have 4 quads so hate to shell out that much. just want to have a plan in place if we break one how to remount it without having to buy a new pole

250r4life
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
cut it where it is not splintered and shove it back in.. after you break it of course...

dariusld
02-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Roll over, it breaks, you fix it. Roll over, it breaks, you fix it. Roll over, it breaks, you fix it. Each time its just 2 inches shorter. Two ways to fix them. One easy, one not. Take the nut off, turn it upside down and drive the shaft out with a screwdriver and a hammer. If that doesnt work, you have to drill it out.

dariusld
02-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Another thing to watch for, with a whip, is you can break it other ways. Getting on and off the quad. Doing nac-nacs:rolleyes: And if you go all the way back, when doing a wheelie, don't push it backup with your feet.

JOEX
02-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by dariusld
.... And if you go all the way back, when doing a wheelie, don't push it backup with your feet.
I've flipped the quad several times but the only flag i've broke was doing what you just said:scary: