PDA

View Full Version : Durhamtown plantation March 9th - 14th

400exStar
02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Myself and some friends are heading up to Duhamtown in march. Anyone who wants to meet us up there let me know.407 948 2149

Doug

ryann mx68
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
cant go wrong with a DP trip. have you ever been there?

400exStar
02-16-2007, 09:34 AM
I was there late last year. Awesome place.

CaptainRedbeard
02-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm heading there this weekend or the next. If it's worth the drive, which I hear it is, then i'll be there in March.

Z-Racer-5c
02-19-2007, 06:47 AM
I have a three day this weekend and want to go ridding arounnd the Canton, Jasper area. Please advise on a group or a couple of people anyway. I will tag along if I can. Sport bike ridding! I saw a group of 3 trucks this weekend heading back from what looked like Waleska area and they were all dirty, so I guess they were riding. I have not been in some time and would like to. I would like the help. 678-492-9394 Cell

Thanks,
Dennis

Red Dawg
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Just went to DP last weekend! It had dreid up quit nicely scince we've had all that rain! Still got muddy but not as bad as I expected! I've kind of got plans for that weekend but if they fall through , my buddy and I will be there! I'll keep ya updated if I'm able to go or not!

Red Dawg
02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
TTT,

looks like I'll be going out there on the wekend of the ninth!

rr5843
02-26-2007, 08:17 PM
Z-Racer,
There's a couple of state parks about 45 min north of Canton, but the only local places I know of are "ride at your own risk." There's a good bit of Corp of Engineer land around that has great trails, but if you get caught it's a $50 fine for the first offense, $150 & court appearance in Rome the second time. There's a spot that the guys at the Canton Honda dealership told me out from Canton towards Waleska (towards the college) where a neighborhood/golf course is going in, but here again, if you get caught there's a fine involved. You can find this spot if you pull up google earth & look west of Canton Hwy for the spots that have been clear cut. I'd steer completely clear of the land around where the new military cemetary is going in as well.

Ryann - any ideas on other local spots? They've shut down the corp access road in the back of River Green & call the police anytime I even crank mine up these days...

ryann mx68
02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
not really, ive been staying away from there. you could still hit the trails, but dont hang out at the field.

all the "state trails" are shut down right now, but should be opening soon. they shut down every winter for a couple months.

try highland park yet? i just went last saturday, and had a good time. got there in about 55 minutes. i think i'm gonna start riding there regulary. he's got some tough trails that will give you a good workout / training and is almost done with his mx track.

take hwy 20 to cartersville, then 411 to 27 to rome, then follow directions on his website.

www.highlandparkresort.com

Z-Racer-5c
02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Good deal!

The next time you guys go ridding I would like to tag along if thats ok? I have had to put a new Fuel pump in my truck and didn't get to go last weekend. Bummer! I at this point dont care what kind of trails they are, I just want to rip it up a little. That is always better with more than one person. I was starting to like the MX sections of the harescrambles we ran, I wouldnt mind going to an MX track if that is the plan. I am just not that sure of the jumps. Any woods ridding I am good at. I really apreciate the info.

Thanks again,

Dennis

rr5843
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I haven't been to Highland park since soon after it opened last year - have they expanded the number of trails out there? When I was there they only had a few loops in & the pee-wee track.

I may try to go somewhere the weekend of 3/24 (too much going on between now & then to get away). If you guys (or any of the other folks trolling around here that live up this way) want to meet up & head out that would be great - always nice to go with a group.

ryann mx68
02-27-2007, 07:57 PM
paul is adding trails all the time, its nowhere as big as DP..but for being fairly close, one way trail system and not crowded, i'll probly hit it up often.

i'm gonna try and layout a course using his trails. because you can just ride around and hit this or that trail with no rhyme or reason. i want to make a certain way to ride the place.

i think i'm going to try the xc series at broad river. so i need to make a difficult loop at highland park to practice on:D

i'll post the next time i go

400exStar
03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
We are leaving for Durhamtown Friday 4 am and should be there by 12:00... anyone who may be riding out there this weekend, look for us behind the pro shop. We have 4 cabins booked. we'll have a red 400ex, white suzuki ltz250, yellow honda 250, Brown Polaris 325 4x4, and a few little junior kids quads. the more the merrier.

Doug

luvmyex
03-05-2007, 08:07 PM
ill be heading that way the 29th for a few days.:cool:

rr5843
03-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Dennis - I will be going to HP on 3/24. Shoot me a PM if you want to go.