PDA

View Full Version : email notifications

AtvMxRider
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
is anybody having a problem recieving notifications when they post or subscribe to a thread?

02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
is anybody having a problem recieving notifications when they post or subscribe to a thread?

well jerry if u werent too slow you wouldve seen that there have been like 3 threads on this

just go rename yourself to slow

:blah:

wvspeedfreak
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Yep

NacsMXer
02-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Do you want email notifications? I made a thread not too long ago because they were driving me insane. Someone told me to make a fake email and problem solved :D

If you actually want a sea of emails then I can't help you sorry lol :p

AtvMxRider
02-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
well jerry if u werent too slow you wouldve seen that there have been like 3 threads on this

just go rename yourself to slow

:blah:

:grr:

:devil:

AtvMxRider
02-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Do you want email notifications?

Yes

Rip_Tear
02-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Mines been messed forever... sometimes I get them, sometimes not... sometimes I get them when nothing happens in the thread... lol

JOEX
02-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Nothing the last two days:(

csimp3
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
put atvriders in your address book, then you will get them all, i wasnt getting em a few weeks ago, but now i get every one

QuadJunkies
02-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Nothing the last two days:(
I was not aware of this recent spell:confused:
I have got some ,but I havent subscribed to anything new lately.
I wonder what what the culprit is?

Scro
02-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Works just fine for me.

QuadJunkies
02-16-2007, 09:58 AM
I just confirmed Im not getting mine either :confused:

suzukigirl
02-16-2007, 10:07 AM
they're coming through for me

gotwarrior
02-16-2007, 10:12 AM
every once in a while, I will go back and look at past post and see that something was posted on something that I was subscribed to, but it never showed that there was a new post..:(

Ralph
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I guess it could be a number of things.

1. Like someone else mentioned check your spam filter settings. Usually adding the email address will let emails from that sender go through without a problem. If you are having a problem, who is your email service provider?

2. I suppose the massive amount of emails that need to be sent out could overload the server.

It seems like there have been problems lately but it will get streightend out sooner or later. I personaly have the notifications sent to another email i dont check and use the user cp to see what threads have had some activity. [Warning, make sure you put in a real email address which u have access to incase you ever loose your password]

Theres alot going on behind the scenes of atvriders and with due time eveything will be worked out. You can only do so much at once.

AtvMxRider
02-18-2007, 12:43 PM
I am still not getting them I have 2 email accounts and I am not getting any to either:ermm:

wvspeedfreak
02-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I am still not getting them I have 2 email accounts and I am not getting any to either:ermm:

Me either Jerry :confused:

AtvMxRider
02-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I got them for 1 day and then stopped again:ermm:

161xchonda
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by gotwarrior
every once in a while, I will go back and look at past post and see that something was posted on something that I was subscribed to, but it never showed that there was a new post..:(

Same thing has been happening to me.

wvspeedfreak
02-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I haven't gotten one single notification for 2 weeks.I don't really care,just letting whoever know so they can possibly better track down the problem.

insaneracin2003
02-23-2007, 08:45 PM
i still get e-mail notifications on older threads that i used to post in,but lately i hav'nt gotten any notifications on recent threads that i subscribe to.

AtvMxRider
02-25-2007, 06:57 PM
ttt

05Z400rdr
02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
i have only gotten 1 email notification since when i joined the site. and the 1 that i did get, was like from a post that i posted like 2 months before that. but im not complaining....cuz like others said, i wouldnt like gettin a TON of emails everyday about the forums...jus would be a mess!

Landon

JOEX
02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I switched to a gmail account today and received email notifications....

QuadJunkies
02-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I switched to a gmail account today and received email notifications....
Whats a Gmail?

JOEX
02-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Whats a Gmail?
Google mail :) It was just recently opened to the public but it's still in beta.

http://mail.google.com/

jesshamner
02-26-2007, 12:51 AM
I've recently noticed that I'm not getting notifications either.

insaneracin2003
02-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I am getting them now.HOORAYY

Ralph
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
this shows its not a problem on atvriders.com's end. Check your spam settings....

krt400ex
02-26-2007, 10:35 AM

i wasnt having probs when the threads started coming up, but now i am and i am wondering if they are going to fix it....its kinda annoying looking up all the threads i have replied too

QuadJunkies
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
this shows its not a problem on atvriders.com's end. Check your spam settings....

Thats not the problem on my end.
I donk think in the 5 years Ive been a member Ive had a notification issue.
All I know is it makes my job here alot more tough to do. lol

quadfamily
02-26-2007, 11:11 AM
I've been recieving them all along.

Guy400
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I wasn't getting them for the longest time on my Roadrunner account but they would show up on a Yahoo email account. I thought for sure there was a spam filter at the Roadrunner server. I worked with Harlen and the Roadrunner IT guys and ultimately the problem was with the the forum's database. The problem came, left for a short time, then came back again. I suddenly started getting the email notifications again and it's been fine for months now.

Rip_Tear
02-26-2007, 05:06 PM
I haven't gotten a single one since I posted on this thread... it's a Hotmail account if that means anything...

krt400ex
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I haven't gotten a single one since I posted on this thread... it's a Hotmail account if that means anything...

it worked on my hotmail just fine for like 3 months, and then it stopped...i switched it back to my promail account, and now it is working...go figure

Scott-300ex
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Hasn't worked for me for about 5 days.

AtvMxRider
02-26-2007, 07:02 PM

It is not on my end. I have a hotmail account and a Yahoo account and am not getting any on either. I am also still getting the error message everday it is a problem with the site.

QuadJunkies
03-02-2007, 11:39 PM
It is not on my end. I have a hotmail account and a Yahoo account and am not getting any on either. I am also still getting the error message everday it is a problem with the site.
I just tried Hotmail and it didnt work either.

Ive got MSN doing some reasearch so we will see how it goes..

AtvMxRider
03-04-2007, 01:20 PM
bump:ermm:

Scott-300ex
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I got 4 of them the other day but thats all.

krt400ex
03-04-2007, 02:31 PM
im not getting them like i should on my email anymore..no matter what account i use...its odd

AtvMxRider
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
:rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
at this point I've just gotten use to loging on and clicking on User CP to check my subscrbed threads, it's almost nicer. I'm going to check the threads anyways... lol

Slinky
03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
at this point I've just gotten use to loging on and clicking on User CP to check my subscrbed threads, it's almost nicer. I'm going to check the threads anyways... lol
thats what i've been doing..mine all of a sudden stopped like a week ago, so i just check my user CP..it makes it hard when your trying to sell stuff though

AtvMxRider
03-08-2007, 04:56 PM

There is nothing in my user cp. It has stayed empty since the emails stopped

QuadJunkies
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
There is nothing in my user cp. It has stayed empty since the emails stopped

WOW. now that is weird..... :confused:
at least I can see that ,its just not as convient

wvspeedfreak
03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Jerry,I've been trying to pm you but it says your mailbox is full.

AtvMxRider
03-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Hey Jerry,I've been trying to pm you but it says your mailbox is full.

it's empty now

krt400ex
03-15-2007, 06:42 PM
WOW. now that is weird..... :confused:
at least I can see that ,its just not as convient

the same thing he described happened to me...i had to physically subscribe to everything...and then it still wouldnt show in my user cp...

QuadJunkies
03-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Ok... now Im not showing all my subscribed threads either!:mad:

I have been a member since 2002 and never had anything major happen with notifications but maybe once, and it cleaned itself up aftera few days....

Once in a great while, Ill get topics from a few years ago that I will tumble across that had replies and I got no notifications, but not NONE....

Ive tried a new account with no luck so I give up.:ermm:

Ralph
03-16-2007, 12:25 PM
i guess im lucky that im having 0 problems...

AtvMxRider
03-16-2007, 02:28 PM
So is anything going to be done about it?

400EXTRA
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
i had a problem that every time i posted a replied it would automatically say i subscribed to the thread it eventually went away.

gojk
03-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Bringing this one from the grave, because I haven't received an email in months and it just started working again. YEAH!

AtvMxRider
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by gojk
Bringing this one from the grave, because I haven't received an email in months and it just started working again. YEAH!

Mine is still not working:rolleyes:

ATV Chic
03-22-2007, 02:50 PM
just happened again!:mad: :mad: i couldn't get it to refresh at all this time! i had to wait about 10 minutes and then try to re-load the whole site again:confused: :grr:

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
just happened again!:mad: :mad: i couldn't get it to refresh at all this time! i had to wait about 10 minutes and then try to re-load the whole site again:confused: :grr:

lol. i think you posted in the wrong thread....

i think this is the thred you meant to post in http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2765181#post2765181

ATV Chic
03-23-2007, 09:25 AM
ya i realized that a few minutes later lol oh well haha :D :o

AtvMxRider
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex

i think this is the thred you meant to post in http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2765181#post2765181

Yes but I belive it is related cause about the time I stopped getting emails uis when that error started

AtvMxRider
03-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex

Yes but I belive it is related cause about the time I stopped getting emails uis when that error started

krt400ex
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM

i have always had that prob even b4 my emails stopped coming...they are working again now though...

QuadJunkies
04-01-2007, 10:09 PM
OMG... I cant believe it!!!!

I got a gmail acct as well ,and it WORKED!!

YAY!!!(knock on wood)

Now why would this happen??

I normally use MSN?

JOEX
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
OMG... I cant believe it!!!!

I got a gmail acct as well ,and it WORKED!!

YAY!!!(knock on wood)

Now why would this happen??

I normally use MSN?
Maybe Uncle Bill is anti ATV:scary:

QuadJunkies
04-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Maybe Uncle Bill is anti ATV:scary:

lol good point!:chinese:

Ralph
04-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok here is my temporary solution. SIGN UP FOR A G-Mail account. If you dont want to use it thats fine. Just have g-mail foward the emails to your current email address.

Here is how you do it. I wrote it so even my grandma could do it so many of you wont need to do the whole step by step thing.

G-Mail fowarding explanation is all the way at the end.

E-Mail Notifications:

-Some People prefer to receive and e-mail every time somebody responds to a thread they have posted in. Unfortunately this function is not working correctly with every e-mail provider. If you are not receiving you e-mail notifications, and you are certain that the notifications are not ending up in a "spam" or "bulk" folder you may do the following.

This should only take about 10 Minutes to complete.

Get a G-Mail Account:

http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/gmaillogo.jpgG-Mail is free and easy to use. It features great search features for your mail just like the Google search engine and it also provides you with incredibly large storage capacity. The best part is that it is free and G-Mail accounts have no problem getting the ATVRiders.com E-Mail Notifications.

Heres How you do it!

Once your are all signed up with G-Mail go back to the ATVRiders.com Forums and click on the http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/usercpbutton.jpg button to go to your control panel.

Next, Click on the http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/editprofilebutton.jpg button.

Update the E-Mail field with your new @gmail.com e-mail address.

!Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Submit Modifications".

Now Click on the http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/editoptionsbutton.jpg button and find this field:

http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/emailnotificationsyes.jpg

Select "Yes" for E-Mail Notifications like the picture shows.

!Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Submit Modifications".

You will now receive email notifications in your G-Mail account telling you when somebody posts in a thread you have posted in or created.

Don't want to check multiple accounts?

I understand you may not want to check multiple e-mail accounts.

If this is the case, log into the GMail account you just created.

Click the "Customize" button http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/gmailcustomize.jpg in the top right corner.

Next Click on the "Forwarding and POP" Tab and enter the e-mail address you would like your e-mails to be forwarded to. Then Hit "Save Changes" [SEE BELOW]

http://www.atvriders.com/images/forumhelp/gmailfowardsettings.jpg

Your E-Mails, Including ATVRiders.com Notices will now forward into your preferred e-mail account.

krt400ex
04-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Ok here is my temporary solution. SIGN UP FOR A G-Mail account. If you dont want to use it thats fine. Just have g-mail foward the emails to your current email address.

Here is how you do it. I wrote it so even my grandma could do it so many of you wont need to do the whole step by step thing.

G-Mail fowarding explanation is all the way at the end.

good info. you kno, i am getting email with my promail account...but it is weird. i only get like 1 email, then i go to the page and there is like 10 or more responces that i missed...i always have gotten an email for each respnce...but that has stopped and it is annyoing cuz i feel like i am lost in the thread

Ralph
04-04-2007, 02:29 PM
i dunno about that but most forums i get 1 email until i check it and then another for anything new.

For this forum i have email notifications sent to an address i don't check since i would get like 30 emails a day in my normal account.

I just use the User CP to keep track of active threads