PDA

View Full Version : Studs on tires

JForestZ34
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Just a quick question for you experts here. A friend has studs on his tires, and he ride's at his lake house. He is wondering can he take the studs out and ride on trails and then if he wants to ride back on the lake can he just put the studs back in without a problem?

James

bwamos
02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I would imagine that the connection would weaken after reinstalling the studs multiple times.

It would be a lot less painful to just get a 2nd set of tires. ;)

Blue250X
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I would imagine that the connection would weaken after reinstalling the studs multiple times.

It would be a lot less painful to just get a 2nd set of tires. ;)

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Its like screwing a screw into wood multiple times. It will back out waaay easyer after u take it out and throw it back in a few times.

All I gotta say is that if he does this..don't ride behind him, you might catch a few in the nose:eek2:

400EXTRA
02-15-2007, 02:41 PM
JUST GET SOME GOOD TIRES TO KEEP ON IN THE SUMMER THEN THROW THE ONES WITH THE STUDS FOR WINTER MUCH BETTER THAN PULLING THEM OUT

MotoX3
02-15-2007, 02:45 PM
We do it all the time around here...stud up some tires and use them in the summer too...I imagine if you did it ALOT of times they might crap out...but not a few