PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Weld in rim inforcments?

NOS EX300
09-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Where to can you buy weld in wheel inforcment rings? and how much do they cost? any help would be great

Razorback
09-30-2002, 01:26 PM
i think k&k or james lucky sells them, but also the quadshop can get them, too. personally, it wouldn't be worth the trouble to me to do it myself or have a welder do it. the welds have to be "really" good. if they're not perfect, the wheel will be out-of-balance or the rings may not hold up as they should. if you've looked at the welds on wheels with rings from champion, omf, whoever, you can tell the welds are very good.

if you or someone you know can do a good job, then go for it, and let us know how it turns out...

NOS EX300
09-30-2002, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the reply RazorbackEXRider iwhat are my other opions?

Razorback
09-30-2002, 02:02 PM
depending on how big of a hurry you are in, there's almost always sets of beadlocks with rings or just rims with rings on both sides on ebay. that's where i've got some for a significantly cheaper price than new. if you do a fair amount of jumping or ride in some really rough terrain, i would definitely recommend getting something that's reinforced, because i've flat spotted several rims without rings.

like i said earlier, though, if you or someone you know if a very good welder, then just buying the rings may be an option. it just wasn't an option for me...