PDA

View Full Version : Braided brake lines.

HondaEXrider22
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I have a few questions.

Is it a big difference over stock?
Do they just hook up right in place of stock?
Is Galfer a good brand?
Should you get a +2 or doesnt it matter?

northwest Texas
02-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Galfer's are supposed to be top notch but my knowledge is limited on this subject. I do have a set and they look much better than stock. I honestly can't say I notice a difference but I bought them because I went to +2 arms. However racers may notice more of a difference.

Overall, it was harder removing the stock lines than installing the new ones.

I don't know if you want +2 on stock arms.

KB Motorsports
02-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Be sure not to get the dual line setup. From my experience its a pain to get both of the front tires to lock up at the same time.
Usually my right tire locks up before my left.. I've bled them more times then I can count to fix this problem with no luck.

Galfer and Streamline are good quality brake lines.

nicker71
02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
save some money and buy tusk brand from rocky mountain.
they are just as good.

NacsMXer
02-15-2007, 10:24 AM
I have Galfers on mine and I am very happy with them...good quality. Yes, you just bolt them in place of the stock lines and bleed. Your lever feel will feel a bit less spongy than the stock lines. FYI, the lines tend to run a bit long. I have the +2 lines on my +2 arms and I have a good deal of slack left, i'm pretty sure I could have run the +1's and been fine.

mad440
02-15-2007, 10:55 AM
you should notice a difference because with the stock rubber lines when you put alot of pressure on them they expand and you lose a slight amount of brake force, but with the steal braided lines the braid squeezes the lines so they cannot expand relaying all the brake pressure to the calipers providing more stopping power.

1fst400
02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I noticed a big diffrence on how spongy my brake lever was when I swaped over.

Before my lever could be pulled to the bar, now I cant at all.

I do know that the 450r stock brake lines are kevlar. and are much better than the stock 400ex brake lines. I think they would bolt up no problem and be a good improvment.

02-20-2007, 07:36 AM
I noticed a diffrence too. When I would push on the rear break it felt alot different.

AbnMP13
02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I've had Galfer's on my streetbike for over 5 years now and have had no issues whatsoever.