PDA

View Full Version : carlos mencia getting owned

tat900
02-15-2007, 05:37 AM
<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=ecd48_4507" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

bradley300
02-15-2007, 06:09 AM
funny,lol. regardless, none of them arent jokes or ideas of jokes that most people havent thought of in some shape or form. last time i checked you couldnt patent a thought

02-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Take "f#ck" "s#!+" and b!+c#" out of their act, and none of them would have an act.

I find people who can tell a joke WITHOUT expletives to be FAR greater comedic geniuses.

nowukno
02-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by garandman
Take "f#ck" "s#!+" and b!+c#" out of their act, and none of them would have an act.

I find people who can tell a joke WITHOUT expletives to be FAR greater comedic geniuses.

I don't agree , i think the best stand up ever was richard pryor.

400exrider707
02-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Dane Cook is hilarious....:o

N300exJ
02-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I guess this is like anything else in life you get big and famous at what you do and lots of people hate or resent you because of it. Carlos mencia is funny and im sure lots of comedians steal each others bits and routines with a few changes here and there. I dont really see the ppoint it fighting over it though there job is to make people laugh not cry and b**** over who stole whos material........

02-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
I don't agree , i think the best stand up ever was richard pryor.

What is it about expletives that are funny?

I mean, occasioanlly a well placed curse word can be funny I suppose, but these guys are just a steam of profanity.

How is that funny?

I'm not seeing it.

Since they ALL do it, its like them all telling the same joke. Its overplayed.

True comedic genius (as the video shows) is in ORIGINALITY. Not the ability to curse like everyone else does, or steal other peoples jokes.

Ralph
02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
good for him he sucks. I think profanity is an important part of standup.

The only comedian i liked who didnt use alot profanity was mitch hedberg but hes dead now.

killerofcrows48
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM

I mean, occasioanlly a well placed curse word can be funny I suppose, but these guys are just a steam of profanity.

How is that funny?

I'm not seeing it.

True comedic genius (as the video shows) is in ORIGINALITY. Not the ability to curse like everyone else does, or steal other peoples jokes.

I agree 100%

400exrider707
02-15-2007, 12:13 PM

How is that funny?

I'm not seeing it.

Thats enough out of you pal, we all know what happens when you start voicing in a thread....:blah:

02-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Thats enough out of you pal, we all know what happens when you start voicing in a thread....:blah:

Yeah, they steal my steeple.... I'll shut up now.

;)

HB416EX
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
I hate mexican comics.I wish Rogan would have choked him out.Bob Levy is the best comedian I have ever seen in person.

tim colston
02-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by N300exJ
I guess this is like anything else in life you get big and famous at what you do and lots of people hate or resent you because of it. Carlos mencia is funny and im sure lots of comedians steal each others bits and routines with a few changes here and there. I dont really see the ppoint it fighting over it though there job is to make people laugh not cry and b**** over who stole whos material........

It is how they make a living. Stealing material may as well be stealing money. Let someone come and steal all of your work and see how you take it. And NO a lot of comics don't do it.

02-15-2007, 01:07 PM

agreed...for the most part....it would seem that swearing is just taking the lazy way out...sometimes it's funny, but in moderation of course...i always like guys that make you think to laugh...i.e. bill cosby, steven wright, seinfeld etc...JMO

02-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
agreed...for the most part....it would seem that swearing is just taking the lazy way out...sometimes it's funny, but in moderation of course...i always like guys that make you think to laugh...i.e. bill cosby, steven wright, seinfeld etc...JMO

COmedy that actually utilizes the brain...what a concept.

:)

400exrider707
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
COmedy that actually utilizes the brain...what a concept.

:)

Have you ever listened to Dane Cook? He does swear and use vulgarity but not a ton. You should just try listening to him sometime, his comedy is so different, he is really really funny. Listen to his stuff in order cause his newer stuff has references to older stuff.

02-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Have you ever listened to Dane Cook? He does swear and use vulgarity but not a ton. You should just try listening to him sometime, his comedy is so different, he is really really funny. Listen to his stuff in order cause his newer stuff has references to older stuff.

isn't he the guy in employee of the month with the simpson ho?

Pappy
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
i thought mexicans were to lazy to steal:confused:

garandman....keep looking for trouble and it will find you.

MillerTime4187
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Any argument for dane cook in this thread is now null and void. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Nh_xfJZxvto)

DJJ450r
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
mitch hedberg is my fav comedian:blah:

sportraxkid
02-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Its all about dane cook and dave chapelle!

SRH
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM

How is that funny?

I'm not seeing it.

god your a *expletive* *****:ermm:

slowguy17
02-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Rodney dangerfield was really funny.i think a persons demener and the way the hold them selves is half the joke.

coolex
02-15-2007, 04:21 PM
presentation is half the joke

HB416EX
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
mitch hedberg is my fav comedian:blah:

He is hilarious.I like the club sandwich joke.

Mxjunkie
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm going to place bet's that Joe kicks Mencias arse in the next video made :devil: