PDA

View Full Version : Good duner suspension.

kiesta00
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
What is a good setup for duning? I have TCS shocks up front now originally setup for MX...they are stiff as hell, i beat myself up in the dunes. I actually hate to ride my bike at the dunes with these shocks. Whats the deal with marvin shaw shocks? I see these a lot but don't know a lot about them. Would stock 400ex shocks work well in the dunes? thx

Keith

86 Quad R
02-15-2007, 07:45 AM
for all practical purposes. a set of 450r shocks or a set of triple rate works would be good.

i currently run a set of triple rate works with rezzies on my R and a set of regular triple rates on the blaster with great success.

CorvetteZ06
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
those TCS mx valved shocks are def. the wrong setup for the dunes. just get a set of shocks valved and setup for dunes, any of the companies can set ya up. good luck! :D

Scott-300ex
02-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Instead of using stock 400ex's why wouldn't you just use stock 250r's? Then you KNOW that they will fit.

Ask around at the dunes and take 'em for a spin if they'll let you.

Triple rate.

norcalduner
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I run custom axis that is setup for mx although I bought and installed different springs that are designed for a lighter weigth rider and these work great for me. I suggest spending your money on having your shocks revalved and specifically tuned for dune riding only.

zedicus00
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
marvin shaws are awsome dune shocks... if you do major jumping an stuff get marvin shaw coilovers.

wilkin250r
02-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Is there a reason you need two sets of shocks? The best option would be to get your TCS shocks revalved for dune riding. Depending on other terrain you ride, you may want to get a general all-around valving to suit ALL your needs, like an XC setup. Your shock builder should be able to give you options.

A proper setup on those TCS shocks are going to give you MUCH better performance than any set of stock 400EX shocks.

kiesta00
02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
Looks like TCS only charges $200 for a revalve/rebuild for a pair of shocks. I'll keep these and get them specifically valved for dunes only, thats all we ride these days. We don't do any jumping so thats not a problem. Thx for the comments.

kustomfab2003
02-17-2007, 08:11 AM
I like my Fox Floats for all around riding. I carry the pump with me in my camel back and just adjust them on the spot for they type of riding. If in know I am going to hit some large jumps for awhile I just give them a extra 10psi and have at it. Each has their pro's and con's just go with what you can afford and fits your style the best. For me I think the floats are some of the best around for the money and versatility.

-Josh