PDA

View Full Version : Glamis. The only place to ride..

10-22-2001, 06:00 PM
I know, I know.. The topic sounds like I'm starting a war, but its not.. Any So.Cal people ready to ride? UnOfficially, next weekend kicks off the Glamis season as Halloween weekend always draws the first "big" crowd.. Anybody going to be there?:devil

10-24-2001, 01:03 PM
What's up SoCal,

I'm a Zonie, we were suppose to head out this weekend, my buddy got his new Hauler a couple of weeks ago. But the D-backs are in the series so they are gonna put it off for this weekend to watch the series. Itchin to go though. Miss the sand. Base of Olds:

MOFO
10-24-2001, 01:19 PM
Lucky SOB's. Now that plane tickets are cheap....I just have to find a way to get my quad out there.....

Eric

10-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Lucky SOB's. Now that plane tickets are cheap....I just have to find a way to get my quad out there.....

Eric

Well Eric when you find out how we can get our quads out there,,,you let me know cuz I'm with ya on that,,,,lucky SOB's..

10-24-2001, 04:55 PM
We need to get a pool of money going and make a big EXriders party down at Glamis, make it like for next year so everyone has time to plan and have a beer(or pop) drinkin, sand slingin, blowout! It's possible, but not probable. Long drive, I know.

Tommy 17
10-24-2001, 04:56 PM
CAN I SAY ROAD TRIP HAHA. that would be awesome to all meet up somewhere and drive out. hey mayb next year its a thought.

JabberJaw
10-24-2001, 05:25 PM
You guys can all stay at my house.

Glamis400ex
10-24-2001, 07:21 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree with dubbers on this one. Glamis is the best.

I was looking forward to heading out for Halloween, but I ended up getting a side job for cash....I'm a tile installer, and cash talks!!! It's taken me 2 weekends already but I'll be finished this Saturday.

I'll be out for Thanksgiving for sure.

Later,

Glamis400ex

10-24-2001, 11:53 PM
Yeah... EVERYONE will be there Thanksgiving! Anyway, for those of you that have never bee to Glamis, you dont know what your missing, for those of you that have been, you know exactly what I'm talking about....

MOFO
10-25-2001, 06:17 AM
LOL suuuurreee...keep rubb'in it in... ;) :D

Eric

10-25-2001, 06:28 AM
I don't think I'm gonna allow any more pics like that on the forum,,,you need to post pics of your bikes stuck in the mud or sumthin...:D

That is unless I'm in the pics at the dunes...

10-25-2001, 08:00 AM
Come on Rico, think about it all you gotta do is have one of the guys in PA rent the biggest U-haul they can find, put the biggest trailer they can find behind it and zig-zag across the US picking eveyone's bike's up and caravan over to Glamis and us west coasters will be there waitin with a huge campsite, kegs and all, the drive for you guys should only take...................... a week!:confused:

MOFO
10-25-2001, 01:54 PM
WJW, I like your idea.....Hmmmmmm. :cool:

Eric

knighttime
10-25-2001, 02:02 PM
Glamis looks like an awesome place to ride. I wonder how expensive it would be to ship a fo-wheeler to Glamis via a big ole 18 wheeler?

4punksdad
10-25-2001, 07:56 PM
I sure wish we had some sand like that around here..........looks fun

10-27-2001, 10:22 PM
If only I had gotten into this a few years back, when my vacations day weren't like gold. Can't waste 4 days driving.
Luckly sob's, but aren't the summers like 400degrees? No summer ride'n I take it.

10-29-2001, 09:52 PM
Not quite 400 degrees, but when its 125+ its just plain miserable.. so needless to say, you can't survive a summer ride in Glamis.... But, as soon as the weather cools off (NOW!) its perfect.. 70 degree days all the way through winter is definately an incentive to bear the summer.. so while the rest of the country is freezing thier butts off, we're wearing shorts and drinking a cold one, opening our presents on Christmas day.. the desert does have its advantages...

11-01-2001, 05:59 PM
I have to agree that Glamis is the best. I used to live in pheonix and rode out there several times. We used to go to the buttercup area and then we could ride down to algadonis (spelling?) mexico and get some mexi food and plenty of cerveca's to wash it down. Ahhhhh the good ole days.

Now, I live only like 45 minutes from a small sand dune area and ride there quite a bit and am going down to little sahara utah this weekend. I hope I don't freeze ****edit*** at night.

Bat

11-04-2001, 10:22 PM
Here is a picture of a dude falling off at Little Sahara in Oklahoma.:eek: