PDA

View Full Version : Tightened hubs, axle doesn't shake, still can't wheelie straight!

400eXr1d3rZ
02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Everytime I wheelie it pulls to the right, I can't figure out why! I tightened my hubs, my tires don't shake, my axle isn't bent, rims aren't bent, axle doesn't shake. Does anyone know what the problem is? My quad never did wheelie straight. Could it have something to do with the toe-in? Becuase I need to adjust that.

kalebarellano
02-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Tire pressure? If they are not the same in each tire it will pull one way.

Good Luck!

400eXr1d3rZ
02-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by kalebarellano
Tire pressure? If they are not the same in each tire it will pull one way.

Good Luck!

I guess that's my problem :blah: I'll check it tommorow, how much tire pressure should I run in both front and rear tires? I ride a XC typed terrain but jump alot.

MO-EX-RIDER
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
tire pressure problem....start with 6psi in rears and 6 psi in fronts and adjust for personal preference!

400ex124
02-14-2007, 07:02 PM
yea i agree with mo-ex rider.... i run about 3 in rear... but it also depends on how hot or cold it is outside, and the kind of tire u have

honda92
02-14-2007, 07:15 PM
swing arm piviots may be out. just another thing to check

fastyz85
02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
yea its deff. tire pressure. the psi is just personal preference because as long as they are the same in both tires it will go straight

440challenger
02-15-2007, 06:07 AM
I have the same proboblem. It just drifts to the right all the time. I can wheelie my buddys 450 forever in a straight line. i think it might be from the short wheelbase?? Probably not...

Once it starts going to the right no matter how hard you lean or fight it to go to the left it wont.

tires are all equal,hubs tight etc. I know when i wheelie my 50 i have to make sure i pull up evenly on the bars or it will jerk the bike to the side. I think if the front wheels are turn its also going to put more weight on the one side. I gotta do some more expeimenting LOL. Dont worry though,its not only you

RIDE RED_159
02-15-2007, 06:27 AM
i have experienced the same problem...so its tire pressure huh? i guess ill check that next time!

400exrider707
02-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Its not so much tire pressure, because I've seen two tires with the same pressure still pull to one side... you need to measure tire roll out...

honda92
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Its not so much tire pressure, because I've seen two tires with the same pressure still pull to one side... you need to measure tire roll out...

meaure the circumference of the tires with the same psi in each. i had a set of holeshots once that were a few inches different. you can either run more or less pressure in one of the tires to get them the same circumference. or another way is to put about 30-40 psi in the smaller tire and set it out on your blacktop driveway in the sun on a hot day or i'm sure a big *** heater would also work, you will easily gain the few extra inches by doing that.

81 clark racing
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
^^^^ ya my holeshot hds are like that

dixon_cass
02-15-2007, 05:05 PM
i have an 05 ex it does the same thing pull to right. i know nothing is wore out cause the bike has done it since it was new. i found that if you run just a hair more pressure in the right side than the left it takes care of it. i was baffled to. hubs are tight axle is straigt, wheels are straight. dont know what it is about those things but they do it. i usually run 7 in left side and prolly 8 in the right side. thats weird cause i thought i was goin nuts when i checked everything else and it was ok. glad to hear my bike is not a deffective unit:)

blasterandy
02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Pressure will have a major impact on how the bike handles. Also i would run about 2.5-3 for wheelies just because the more surface area that is touchin the ground the straighter it will go and easier it is to ballance.