PDA

View Full Version : JETTing from Avaion GAS to PUMP? PLEASE HELP

NOS EX300
09-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Im changing over from Avaion GAS to PUMP gas (94 OT) will i need to rejet the carb? if so will it need to be jetted ritcher or leaner? please any help would be GREAT!!!

beerock
09-30-2002, 11:28 AM
leaner, but the aviation fuel has alot of aditives in it so you may be runing rich but the plug wll look lean...

usually when you run race gas you have to lean out your carb because less fuel is burned because of the higher octane...

NOS EX300
09-30-2002, 12:27 PM
i have a 400ex with a wisco 440 kit, hot cam stage1, head ported and polished. full YOSH exauste.
Will a Dyno JET kit work the best for jetting such a motor setup or should it be custom setup?

Houser Cannondale
09-30-2002, 08:33 PM
if you are going from say 93 octane to cam2 or some race gas jetting shoudnt matter... its still gasoilne just higher octane and different addatives. if you go to alcohol or nitromethane or some different type of fuel you defanalty have to change jetting.

NOS EX300
10-01-2002, 10:06 AM
thanks for all your help i will she how she runs with 94 octane gas i will add some booster

I was reading that te wiseco 440 kit isnt realy 11to1 its more like 9.5to 1 . With a xr head gasket will this help to brin up the compression? if so how much? how much will i have to deck the head to bring it up to about 10.5 or 11 to 1

last question!!!! what will i get from the extra 1 compression ratio
(hp, tq, pick up, throtle response)?

Thanks agsin for all your help i have learn so much on this board!!!

YZROOSTINYA
10-01-2002, 10:20 AM
race fuel BURNS SLOWER, and has a higher flash point. it actually burns cooler because the lead dissapates heat faster. the wiseco is a 11:1

octane is a rating of flash point and how fast the fuel burns. the higher the ocatne the slower the burn and higher the flash point

jetting shouldn't vary too much. your plug will be silverish after running race fuel do to the lead

440= more low end power, might loose a little up top. but generally it should give you more power everywhere