PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch plz help

Flodies400ex
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
well I have a 06 450ER and I have to put this teatherswitch in to drag race this weekend and I need some help. Now where is it located and the teather switch only has 2 wires. where is it located and which wire do I hook it up to. Can somebody post some pictures showing where it is located on the 2006 450ER.

anymore questions just ask thanks need help......

josh30917
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
I installed a pro armor kill switch on my 06 and heres how.
1. take hood off
2. Look on the left hand side for a "blue and yellow" wire
3. attach the short wire of the teather to it.
4. ground the long wire to the frame

You will never have it shock you while wet unlike some of the people that tell you to splice into a black and white wire.

Flodies400ex
02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
thx dude I am going to go do it right now and that is the same thing I have

Sjorge450R
02-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by josh30917
I installed a pro armor kill switch on my 06 and heres how.
1. take hood off
2. Look on the left hand side for a "blue and yellow" wire
3. attach the short wire of the teather to it.
4. ground the long wire to the frame

You will never have it shock you while wet unlike some of the people that tell you to splice into a black and white wire.

shock!?!?! I dont wanna get shocked. I've had my 450r burried in mud and water and never got shocked and im on the black and white wire, but I have a pro design maybe thats why

keller45
02-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I did it through the coil jusy now actually...spent 4 hours figuring it out lol but got it!

Take off the tank and the plastic piece under it. Towards the stem on the left side you will see the coil. Take on wire and hook it to the screw on the side of the coil for ground. Then the other wire splice it in with the wire going into the coil. It's a plug deal. Kinda hhard to splice it together but use your imagination lol

Flodies400ex
02-14-2007, 08:15 PM
yea what I did is where the wire is on the ignition on the bottom I cut it then hooked it up and it works perfect and also it says not to connect it to the coil

keller45
02-14-2007, 09:44 PM
It says not to hook it up to the Spark plug wire after the coil. To only hook it up after the stator but before the coil. That's what i did

Flodies400ex
02-14-2007, 10:27 PM
so if it works liek how I did it like the wire that goes to the ignition

400exrider707
02-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by keller45
I did it through the coil jusy now actually...spent 4 hours figuring it out lol but got it!

Take off the tank and the plastic piece under it. Towards the stem on the left side you will see the coil. Take on wire and hook it to the screw on the side of the coil for ground. Then the other wire splice it in with the wire going into the coil. It's a plug deal. Kinda hhard to splice it together but use your imagination lol

I tried that and it would not work on mine, I believe I ended up splicing into the black and white wire under the hood, but its been a while since I've looked under there...