PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Tires???

ride red
10-22-2001, 05:58 PM
My stock tiers have finally wore out on my 400EX and I want to buy a new set but I'm not sure which ones to go with. I was looking at RAZRS, HOLESHOTS, or SHREDDERS. Which of these hook up the best? Also I do alot of trail riding in the woods and alot of drag racing in the summer, which would be the best for both of these ?. Also should I go with 4 or 6 ply?

canadian400ex
10-22-2001, 06:12 PM
I say the stockers are the best. I just want to find them in a 4 or 6-ply version.

400exRacerX
10-22-2001, 06:30 PM
The stockers wear out fast and the sidewalls blow out easy too, i personaly would go with razrs, they have a wide spread tread and corner like a champ.

SGA
10-22-2001, 08:21 PM
The 400ex's stock tires are very good, they are one of the best oem tires that come with quads. Great foward & side grip, however, they gripped to much for me powersliding around corners, almost got thrown several times. After much reading, I went with the razrs, 20X11X9. I love these tires, they grip well in soft stuff or you can break them loose by nailing it. (thats when it gets fun) Went with 4 ply, no rocks around here. We ride trails hard & will be racing XC soon. What sold me on them was Bill Balance runs them. (GNCC Champ) He can have any tire he wants but he sticks with Maxxis razrs. Now I know why after I ran them awhile, these tires work. Great all around tires but may not have enough foward bite if you drag race on sand.

canadian400ex
10-23-2001, 02:22 PM
Yeah, when it comes to forward bite, the stockers are best. My buddy has brand new razers on his 400 and I can out-climb him with my half warn stockers.

JabberJaw
10-23-2001, 02:41 PM
I like the stock tires best also. I have mud sharks right now (6 ply). They are 40 lbs for both, now its like riding a tank. I suggest just stay with 2-ply unless you don't mid riding a tank.