PDA

View Full Version : Cherry 1988 Honda 250R 4 sale

spdracer71
02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Granted may not around ATV's 5+ years ago don't won't appreciate the "rare find" of this BADASS quad, but this is an 98% original 250R. The top end has never been off. Original front tires. the rears have been replaced. and the handlebar gribs have been change. Thats it everything else is original as I can tell. Bike runs great. I don't think anyone would have much luck tryin to find one in better condition then this. If a question is "Has it been restored?" the answer is NO it has not. If anyone interested let me know. Serious inquiries only. Asking price will be $8000 Thanks everyone for all the "GOOD LUCK" comments cause i'm sure i'll need them. In the mean time I will spend quality time with my baby.:D ;) Sorry not pics i couldn't srink them enough worth lookin at. SO IF you'd like some pics leave me your email

tim colston
02-14-2007, 09:18 AM
I would like to see what 8k would get me. Wow.

tjcolston@aheco.com

cjkranz
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
WOW is right... thats what a full aftermarket everything would bring (or even less).. Sorry to dog on the price, but thats not even realistic.. IF it is, I can get ahold of several like that:D

JIMFROMTEXCO
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
i would like to see some pics please.. joshdragonnn@aol.com... im going to be looking for a un modded 250r this summer

yamahamx14
02-16-2007, 09:38 AM
I dont know where you have been, but 8k for a stock 250R is extremely high. Another person had his stock R on here for 1500 and even that had a little bit of a hard time selling. You could by a full Factory Yamaha YFZ from Paul Turner, straight from the factory race team for 8k. I think you need to reconsider your price.

spdracer71
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
thanks for everybody's warm Positive responses. i have had numerous people already look at it, call about it, and ask about it. everybody is extremely impressed thus far and said that they have never seen another one in such perfect near un-rode shape. most of them tell me that if it were theres they wouldn't sell it. so i am certain that some serious die-hard collector will nab this thing up. its only a matter of time. i know many that don't appreciatte the legendary 250R have a hard time and automatically compare it to today's machines and technology. If it weren't for the 250R things wouldn't be where they are today.....

81 clark racing
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
still imo its not worth more then 2g. ya you can sell anything if you find the right sucker to buy it. good luck lets us no how your sale goes

spdracer71
02-16-2007, 02:50 PM
many old cars are worth neithing to many and a whole lot to very few..........its the same thing with this quad

yamahamx14
02-16-2007, 06:22 PM
yeah but the old cars that sell for a lot of money have been restored to better then when they were new (restomod) and its not really the same for a old stock quad that has just been sitting for twenty years.

wilkin250r
02-16-2007, 06:23 PM
A complete original 250r in excellent condition could certainly fetch a $8000 price, I've seen some go for nearly twice that much.

The price is a fuction of it's rarity, it's a collector's item. Anybody can pick up a beat-up 250r for $1500. They are everywhere, even some that are still "all-original". The problem is, almost all of them are USED. Even if it's still in good shape, it's got the scratches, the dings, the paint worn off near the shifter, the faded plastics, ect ect.

Why were the grips and rear tires replaced?

yamahamx14
02-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

...Why were the grips and rear tires replaced?

i dont know maybe this quad was USED

Iluv250r's
02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
i wouldnt pay 8k for a bone stock 250r , maybe maybe and probably not if it was totaly modded out and i mean completly modded with every go fast part u could imagine

cjkranz
02-16-2007, 07:58 PM
I have found 2 '88 250Rs that have been "restored" including having everything back to new or better then new. (powder coated instead of just sprayed on, after market exhaust, and a K&N filter) $4,000 is the asking price and I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a "stock" R. Besides, what do you do with something like that? I'd be afraid to ride/scratch it.. And like autos, the worst thing you can do to them is just let them sit.........:ermm:

badass400ex
02-17-2007, 07:01 AM
20 years from now you will be telling your grandkids how you could have baught a like new r for 8g's when they are looking at paying 20g's for one we was into restoring muscle cars for numerous years and wish we had baught all the "overpriced" muscle cars we passed up i understand its a lot of money to everyone but one day this quad will be worth a mint and someone will be verry glad to have it sitting in their garage knowing that it was a good investment but you would have to had lived in the 250r's glory years to completely respect its value good luck selling it

yamahamx14
02-17-2007, 08:24 AM
a quad is not the same as an old collector car... in twenty years nobody is going to spend 20 grand on a quad because it is a "classic" because the mojority of people buy quads to ride them and nobody is going to spend that money for a 40 year old quad when you could have a brand new completely modded quad for less than 10k. You have to understand that the rest of the world does not care about quads, so its not the same as cars. You are never going to see a quad on the Barret-Jackson auction block, but you'll see plenty of cars there.

Bubba9870
02-17-2007, 08:51 AM
man i think that a mint condition all original 250r would bring a ton of money especially to someone who like you said appreciates what they are, there are a bunch of people who collect fourwheelers. just like cars im somewhat of a car collector i guess, i like camamros and trans am dont have a real big colection but i collect them my best friend has a near new 88 all origal 250r that i bet he wouldnt take 10k for cause its what he raced on growing up. Im a car dealer and i know one thing there is a *** for every seat put that sucker on ebay and advertise alot it will sell if its what you say it is if had enough money id love to have one like that good luck with your sale and remember one good thing about owning something is you can ask whatever you want for it

JMann2380
02-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Post some pics, this thread is useless until we can see the quad.

250Renvy
02-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by yamahamx14
a quad is not the same as an old collector car... in twenty years nobody is going to spend 20 grand on a quad because it is a "classic" because the mojority of people buy quads to ride them and nobody is going to spend that money for a 40 year old quad when you could have a brand new completely modded quad for less than 10k. You have to understand that the rest of the world does not care about quads, so its not the same as cars. You are never going to see a quad on the Barret-Jackson auction block, but you'll see plenty of cars there.

I'm sorry to say, and I usually don't call people names but you're kindof an idiot with this post. Generalizing is stupid and ignorant - you put NOBODY is going to spend 20G on a quad - YOU ARE WRONG - somebody, a quad lover and most importantly a 250R lover will. IF it was possible to find a new in crate 250R, even an 86 I'm sure you could get 25-40K because it would be the only one in existance. People spend millions of dollars on DIAMONDS - something that is hardly rare - and is simply put just a stone. And people spend thousands upon thousands on rare classic cars - WHY? Because they are rare and nobody else can own them and that's what THEY are into. Paintings fetch millions of dollars. I personally would never spend money on those things but I love quads and the 250R will always be tops. The auction comment - how old are those cars? +20 years right? Quads have only been around that long, in 10 years you'll see them and old dirtbikes and trikes because thats when the guys who grew up with them will have money to spend on extras like that. I don't want to start a war but just don't be ignorant.

edit: To clarify - the diamonds/paintings comment is just that it's personal preference. I don't value them so I wouldn't pay that kinda bucks for them, just like I wouldn't pay $1000 for a chevelle but if money were no object I'd spend 30-50K on a 66 Mustang.

I was at a card/comic convention and a guy had a Shaquille Oneal rookie card (which I already had) for $XX hundred dollars and I asked if it was really worth that he says and this goes for everything. "ITS ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT"

Here's some pics.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/250Renvy/boat064.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/250Renvy/boat066.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i289/250Renvy/boat062.jpg

cjkranz
02-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Diamonds have been traded as currency all over the world since human existance.... The same thing with priceless pieces of art work... They are known world wide by millions and millions of people, especially the rich (which run the economy, ie supply and demand).. To say "no one would" pay that much, your right, you can't rule that out... To say that they would fetch that kind of money today though..., lets be realistic.. Possible but very unprobable.. The auto market is the same way as the diamonds and art work. They are known world-wide by not only car enthusiasts but investors also.. Sorry to burst your bubble, but again, look at what drives prices.. Supply and demand. Little or no demand, low/no price..

grundlegrabber
02-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Mint or restored 88 250R has been selling for around $5500 in recent history, from what I've seen. That one is very nice, does show a little use. It should easily fetch over $4k, I wouldn't think more than $5K though. Still, you never know who's out there with the F-U money that might be looking for one. Some of you guys are being a little unrealistic tho. If that bike was up for sale for $2K, you bet your *** about a million people would be all over it in a heartbeat. It's a nice cherry R and those are hard to come by anymore. Ide buy a truckload of 'em at $2k apiece!!

This is not the type of bike that someone is going to buy to take out and beat on. I have a few nice 3 wheelers and I know the market fairly well. Collectors are going to be the ones interested in buying it. I know a few of them, and I know what they'd pay for something like this, if they were looking for one. $8K? Unlikely, but I wouldn't say totally impossible. If money were no object, I might be willing to fork over $6K for it, just cause I really would love to have one. However, like most, I am on a limited budget. I'd gladly pay $3500 for it, but any more would send me to the poor house! If I had one, would I sell it for $3500? Not a chance!Good luck dude. I hope you will pass it on to someone who deserves it.

cjkranz
02-18-2007, 07:21 AM
That is a clean, great looking R!! :D

CorvetteZ06
02-19-2007, 08:46 AM
bump for a beautiful original R. :D

StupidHurts
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
A few years ago at englishtown raceway there was an 89 250r still in the crate!! completley untouched, and i was there when the guy wrote the check for 12,000!!! For someone looking for an all original 250r this is it.....Thats not a bad price for what i have seen some go for.....Thats a really nice quad and i hope you get alot for it....

spdracer71
02-26-2007, 05:55 PM
just to let cha' know i will be putting up this thing up on auction here in a while so anyone interested keep a look out for the listing......

spdracer71
03-05-2007, 06:41 PM
bump for all those interested...........