Well...I have a 400ex.....2007....It has the following modifications:

1. Sparks adv. key
2. HMF slipon sport exhaust
3. Closed airbox with UNI filter
4. 42 pilot 152 main Keihn and 2 turns out fuel screw
5. Runs good...but no paper brown plug...light opague tan

6. Changed the main to a 155 keihn...fired up and got same color plug

7. Was at 2 turns out on fuel screw...after full warmup
8. Motor died. went to 1 3/4 turns out motor would not start unless choke was on
9. 2.5 turns out...motor needed full choke again to start.
10. now at 3 turns out.. starts ok..with no choke...go to give throttle and mid to up end range it gurgles alot...bogs and starts to decrease revs on its on and dies out
11. After that need full choke to start again...
12. Exhaust smells very strong...

PLEASE...any help...I've read all sorts of threads...HORNETGOD13 and I have spoken by phone and we are stumped. Prior to this..in stock form....ran great...no problems....I think the 155 is to big and flooding the carb...which then requires the choke to start...but 3 turns out with this setup over stock jetting...something is not right...HELP HELP HELP..

Honda#4
02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
If your running a 155 main and a 42 pilot take your lid off, you need more air when you supply it with more fuel, that's the reason for the strong exhaust smell and flooding the motor. I think that's whats wrong.

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Were I ride is super dusty and I need to leave the lid on...should I just put it back to a 152 keihn main and 42 pilot and set fuel screw at like 1 turn out..also I have the adjustable needle that has clip set 3 from the top....I think the 155 main is flooding the motor at uuper revs and then when I go to start it...it's flooded and needs the choke...to start..any other ideas...Please...

hornetgod13
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Steve,
I thought a little more on the matter after last nights conversation.
Having your airbox closed up really restricts the amount of airflow your motor is getting. The set up sounds like it's getting too much fuel. I would put the 152K main jet back in and see how it runs. If you continue to struggle with the pilot circuit than I would pull the lid off for trouble shooting. If it runs better with the lid than you most likely to rich and need to drop the pilot jet down to a 40 or put the stock 38 back in. If you put the 38K back in than I'd start with the fuel screw at 3 to 3 1/2 out.
Later down the road, you might even want to move the clip up to the second notch but, I seriously doubt that's your problem right now.
Hopefully there are some others on here that can help. Good Luck!

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks Bill...I was thinking about just the same thing as well...will put in the 152 main..thats more than enough for what I have..maybe put fuel screw at like 1.5 turns out and see what happens...If it runs good...then great..if not..I think I will try the 40 pilot..the 38 with stock was hard to start and required the choke when cold....Just funny that with the 42 pilot, 152 main and fuel screw turned all the way in...it would not start at all...unless I gave it throttle and once I backed off...it would die...that tells me that the jet size is ok...maybe it needs some real fine tunning withe the fuel screw...maybe 1 turn at most....but darn..that plug should be fouled black, unless when I rev it up it burns off to the opaque tan color..Who knows..but let me get back to the base line, 152 main, 42 pilot 1 turn out on screw and see what happens..THis is nerve racking...I appreciate everyones help and input...I want to get this things dialed in so we can ride on Saturday..Weather is going to be 72 here...

hornetgod13
02-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Good Luck Steve. I'm still waiting for theat steering stem. I hope it arrives today. I'm looking forward to Saturday myself.

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I will make the swap..it is easy to change the main and adj. the fuel screw....I hope your parts get in as well...THe weather will be to nice to pass up...Cross fingers on this one...MAybe we will get in set just right...Rookie heres so..It is something I'm missing...

Honda#4
02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Yes it's easy to change the main all you need is a 17mm wrench for the float bowl cap and then a rachet with a 6mm socket to get the main out, careful that you don't go up to far with the socket otherwise you will turn out the main jet holder and then you will have more trouble on your hands.

The fuel is easy get a long needle nose pliers and turn it out for rich and in for lean. Simple as that.

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Thanks....I appreciate all the help I'm getting...I need it and will most likley need more as I do the work...

Honda#4
02-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Sure no problem, I'm always on the net 6 hours a day so you will probably find me mostly on this site. Need more help just ask.

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks...I see you have commented on other questions I've had and HornetGOD13 has been a MAJOR source of knowledge...I think we are getting closer..Jetting is hit or miss...No 2 quads area alike...Maybe my quad was running rich or lean with jetting that should work...Either way....I want to get this done...My last quad...and I dare say this...I took it to a local dealer...YAMAHA...they did a bang up job jetting it..It ran awesome..Of course it was a 300ex...and folks...the power difference...is night and day...

Honda#4
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
when it comes to quads (mostly 400ex) i'm a major helper. I try my best to answer the questions people type on here. All the questions people have are mostly about jetting on here so I guess that' my specialty area but I understand that it can be a troublesome and confusing area to deal with.

stvemerz
02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Well. now I'm more frustrated...installed 152 main..left in 42 pilot...fuel screw backed out 1 turn...tried to start...would not fire up..had to start with choke on full and leave it like that even while idling otherwise it would die....went to 2 turns out..same thing..needs choke to stay runnng and even then..requires throttle play and after all is said an done..it dies....then requires full choke again to fire up...Something else is not right....plug is not fouled...I'm at the breaking point of taking it to that yamaha dealer since they have great Tech to fix it..ANYONE....HELP ME!!

Honda#4
02-14-2007, 06:13 PM
if you have the lid on go down to a 40 pilot, 42 pilot is to rich with the lid on. I forgot to mention that. 42 pilot allows too much fuel at start up. I think that is your problem.

hornetgod13
02-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Steve, Go back to your stock 38 and put the fuel screw out to 3 to 3 1/2 turns out from lightly seated.
Something else might be wrong as well. Might try to disassemble the carb, clean it, and put it back together.
People see so many jetting threads on here that few help out anymore.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
Bill....I will try the 38 pilot....think the 40 is to rich for my setup...I'm concerned that there is something else that went haywire...SInce the 42, 152 setup was woprking just fine until I put in the 155 main and started playing with the fuel screw....now that it is back to what it was...it is not running like it was...If I have to tear into the carb....I'm in trouble....When I put the 38 back in....I will check the floats in the bowl and see if anything there is not right..thanks for the help...I think I might just pickup a 40 pilot jet to have...Might as well...Still frustrated....

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
When was the last time you cleaned your carb out? Could be possible that the floats are stuck? Maybe you turned your screw to much out?

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Currently I'm 2 turns out...and the carb is clean..at least I think it is..I have only had this quad for 2 months...It is brand new 2007...When I get home..I will tear it down and start working on it again...Oh what fun...I will put the stock 38 back in and set screw out what 3-3.5 turns like hornetgod13 suggested and go from there....Beyond that...My brwon hair is starting to turn gray....Have to laugh a little...

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Yea I don't know what the problem is then kind of puzzles myself, your just about to stock screw adjustment another quarter turn and you will have 2 1/4. I can't believe that a brand new machine is giving you problems. I think there was one other guy on here with and 07 problem don't really know if it's related though. I'd give honda a call maybe they have a recall on it or something.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I have a funny feeling..it is the pilot jet...with that 42 in there...the exhaust from this quad just reaks...awful...also..on the floats,,,there is a plastic circle piece that goes around the main jet..I'm assuming it only can go in one way?....Would you guys suggest I leave the adjustable needle, third down on clip, or put stock back in?...Figure if Im going to tear this apart, might as well go all the way with it...

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Yea the plastic thing only goes on one way, it depends what you want to do, I would leave the adjustable needle in and return the pilot to stock.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks...I will leave the adj. needle in and go with the 38...you and HornetGOD13 have been a huge help...I'm riding with HORNETGOD13 on Saturday...even if I have to push it down hill with me on it...I read another thread were 2007 400ex gave a guy lots of trouble...same is repeating here as well....Will do this when I get home.

152 Keihn main
38 pilot keihn
adj. needle leave at 3rd from top
check floats and make sure they work and move ok
put fuel screw at 3 turns out

"Pray for a paper brown colored plug"

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
don't worry about help I just want you to get the dam thing moving LOL!!, but your welcome. Got anymore problems just ask.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 07:03 PM
This is getting weird..I installed the 38 pilot...tried to start it...nothing same as before..had the fuel dial on "ON" would not start without the choke..I was about to kick it when I said...fine dealer needs to fix it..So I decided to put the 42 pilot jet in with the 152 main and fuel screw at 2 turns out...Before I hooked up the fuel hose..which I dis-connected at the petcock valve, I noticed that there was no fuel flowing hardly at all....so I found the position on the dial for off...Ok..turned this thing to on and it fired up..let it run and...went for a while and then ran like crap..started to cut out and then died. Tried to start it with the dial on the "ON" position no choke at all through out this whole ordeal...would not start...so I switched it to the reserve position..fired right up...Have I pinpointed my problem to that check/petcock valve...What is going on with this thing.....I'm going crazy...All I can say...is I'm getting closer to the brownish plug...but baffled with the petcock valve problem..HELP!

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
To add t omy last thread...I ran this quad again...turned fuel dial to off...then to on...then it fired up percfect to choke, nothing...so I let it run for like 2-3 minutes...stared to sputter and die...started it up again...ran and died....tried to start it again..would not start..pulled fuel line right at petcock...no fuel was pouring out and it should be....I then turned the dial to reserve and fuel came out...turned it back to on and fuel came out..So I either have a messed up fuel valve on the petcock or my fuel tank is plugged?

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Pluged petcock? or the petcock is junk? Maybe the reserve button got put on the wrong way from the factory? When the fuel is flowing the arrow should face down I think.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes... the fuel flow dial faces down for ON and it flows fuel but then after a while..Nothing...what I need to do is run it in the reserve position for a while..if it does the same thing, bad petcock....I assume the reserve tank and the regular tank are seperate..If so and I run both and they stop flowing..then the petcock is bad...If the reserve flow ands does not stop...maybe problem with tank..will go try right now...THANKS

Honda#4
02-15-2007, 08:28 PM
No, the reserve is part of the tank so there is no seperate tank. Take the whole petcock off and take look at it like that. Maybe post a pic if you can so I can see this thing. Maybe the screen inside the tank is half plugged.

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
I turned fuel dial to down.....fuel poured out for like 2 seconds and stopped......then turned to reserve and it came gushing out...more force and kept coming out....I have a bad petcock or at least the area were the ON dial is is messed up...once I start to move it from the ON dial to the off...a fair stream of fuel comes out....Hey guys..BRAND NEW 2007...bad petcock for the fuel...I've racked my brains for days with you guys and have called HORNETGOD13 on the cell and bugged him....Now....I will take the petcock apart if i can and see what the problem....

stvemerz
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
All right..removed the fuel petcock...It does not look like it can be rebuilt or taken apart..Pop type rivets keep the 2 pieces together...OK..Sounds gross... but I put the dial in the up position..reserve..and blew from the petcock end and the air flowed smoothly....then turned it to the off position and the air flow stopped...went to the on position...air flowed but no very well at all...I have a faulty fuel petcock..Now..I need to convince my dealer it is defective....dammed if I'm going to pay for a new one...darn thing is not even 2 months old yet...Looks like problem solved for now....I hope...anyone know what that itme might cost...

400eXr1d3rZ
02-15-2007, 09:22 PM
It's a 2007 correct? You bought it brand new? It should still be under warrenty, take it to the dealer and tell him your problem.

hornetgod13
02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Good Trouble shooting Steve! I would really pressure Clawson Honda if I was you. They should cover the cost of the new petcock. I checked on the price of a new one on 2 websites. One lists it at $49.96 and the other $43.04. You can run it in the reserve setting for now right? I hope we can go riding this weekend.
I just finished glueing my grips on. I just ordered ASV F3 front brake lever/resirvoir and clutch handle and perch. I still have the stock ones installed for now.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 07:52 AM
I have the part with me at work..Going to Clawson Honda after work to get a new part...under warranty...If they do warranty it and they better...but do not have the part...I have fuel flow on the old unit reserve side only...Can I run the quad in the Res position and not have any problems..If so..I can ride...

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
make sure you don't get another faulty one.

AbnMP13
02-16-2007, 08:10 AM
You can run the sh*& out of it on reserve!

The petcock has a tube sticking up inside the fuel tank, when in the "on" position it draws fuel in from the upper portion of the tube, when in the reserve position it draws fuel in on the lower portion of the tube. If you run it out of fuel in the "on" position your tank isn't actually dry, it still has some fuel in the tank and by switching it to reserve you'll have enough fuel hopefully to make it back to your truck.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 08:40 AM
This is good to know that I can still ride it if my dealer does not have the part...I better not get a bad one either...Seconds to that...I wasted all your guys time over a faulty brand new item..and I can bet you..Dealer is going to give me a hard time....Lets see how it goes....but at least I can ride this weekend. Now for the jetting issue..It looks like it is just going to take some fine tuning with the air/fuel screw...now at 2 turns out with 152 main and 42 pilot...In the reserve position...this baby fires right up..so I'm good on the 42 pilot..No misses or bogging down with mid to upper revs..152 appears good....I'm feeling much better, just won't be in a good mood when I visit my local dealer...especially if they give me a hard time...They will not like me if they give me crap..I messed with this thing for several days...Whatever happens...I'm walking out with a new part under warranty wether they Like it or not!

AbnMP13
02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Keep in mind it may just need cleaning, if it runs on reserve but not in the "on" position then it may be plugged. One thing to do, even if you get the new part, is to leave maybe a half gallon of gas in the tank, totally remove the tank and shake it like there's no tomorrow. You may dislodge the trash that's clogging it. It won't cost anything to try it and if I were you, I'd surely try it.

Just my 2 cents.

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 09:49 AM
When we go riding this weekend, I have a 5 gallon gas can I bring with me so we can both fill up before start off. If I have to switch to reserve than we know we are both running low and need to head back for some more gas. There won't be any fear of running out when we ride together but, until you get a new petcock, you'll have to be cautious of running out of fuel when you ride alone.
Let me now how it goes at Clawson and if you get your quad back together and if so, what time do you want to meet tomorrow. My sons looking forward to riding too.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Bill....the quad only needs the tank and plastics put back on....Here is the deal..I will leave my place between 8:30-9 am....I will grab some fuel as well...I will call you when I'm on my way..I called Clawson...The only way they will warranty it...I have to bring the quad into there service..They will not warranty just the part alone...SO...This is the deal...Put back the tank and old petcock...and plastic...EASY..... We ride tomorrow and have some fun and on the way Home from riding...I will drop it off so they can replace it and then I will have the quad fixed by "PROFFESIONALS" for next weekend incase we decide to go again...FINALLY!!!!!!!

AbnMP13
02-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Before I take it back to them i'd put everything back stock. They MAY ( I dunno for sure) not warranty it if you have changed anything. I'd check to see first.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the tip....I've already had trouble with them before...but this time...they are fixing it...defective part that has not been modified...GUYS...THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP...I really feel like an idiot on this one...Just can't wait to ride..and see the performance it has over stock with the jetting, Uni filter and HMF slipon....This is by far the best ATV webcite....everyone very very helpful....

AbnMP13
02-16-2007, 10:18 AM
After they fix the petcock make Bill help you rejet it! LOL :D

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Excellent. We ride tomorrow! :macho

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Hope you guys have a lot of fun, and try not to have any problems ok LOL!

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
THANKS guys.....serious...and yes..once fixed from my Dealer....Bill and I will ride again and get the jetting dialed in...So far it is running like a champ...of course with the dial on reserve....all I really need to do is set fuel screw and it should be perfect....maybe dink around with the main....see what happens with a 155 main....What an ordeal...Well..everyone..at least I'm starting a collection of parts...jet wise that is and who knows..Maybe the dealer will give me back my defective part and it can be dipped in bronze and made into a thropy...Just kidding...That petcock from dealer here in Fresno, CA $73.99.....Maybe I have found my calling...design a billet petcock...Just KIDDING!!

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't pay for it! If you have to, there are several places online that you can get stock parts much cheaper than from a local honda dealer. You can buy that part online for $43.00 to $50.00. The only thing I've bought from Clawson was spark plugs. The rest of my stuff was online.

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I bet service honda sells them cheaper.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Trust me...I'm not paying for squat...2 month old quad..."WARANTY"....but I know how these dealers work when it comes to this stuff....Who knows...maybe there is a piece of metal slag that is blocking the flow of fuel....I know somethings wrong...when dial is turned from OFF to ON...some fuel starts to flow and then...it stops...either way...It needs to be fixed so I can enjoy it...I'm no mechanical guru like you guys...but I have basic knowledge from working on 4X4 and boats....Just need to apply same principals...look for fuel, spark and go from there....Lesson learned never rule out anything....

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I bet service honda sells them cheaper.

I had already checked $43.04 + $9.00 shipping.

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
That's a big time rip off I think. I got a question for you guys, what do you guys pay for oil by you ? For 3 quarts I pay $4 plus a filter, it use to be like $3.50 a quart plus a filter. Whats your guys take on this?

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Well.....I bought 2 quarts of Honda 20-50W oil...$4.96 per quart...Filter was like I think $4.99...Now I got ripped off..So I went to WALMART...15-40 Rotella...2.74 per quart or 5 quart container for $8.88...if you get the 5 quart..you just have to measure it out...I called Rotella...direct....and got more info on their oil...Sounds like a great great product....I'm really try to avoid Honda Dealer if I can....because of how expensive they are.

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I dont really know if I can trust the other oils or not so I just use honda oil, I dont mind the filters price but the oil is a whole different story. Maybe its cheaper just buying a gallon instead of 3 quarts.

stvemerz
02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
There seems to be a ton of threads on this Rotella Oil...Wonder what HORNETGOD13 is using...Type in the search for Rotella...and read up on it....It is designed for wet clutch systems....KTM and Harley Davidson use it for oil in there units from the factory...If HORNETGOD13 does not post today..I will ask him tomorrow on the ride....I just hate getting riped at the Local Dealer...I bet you that the local dealer does not use HONDA oil when they do oil changes and service....Wish there was a way to find out..

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
I use Valvoline 4-Stroke ATV Oil. It's wet clutch friendly. It's carried at all AutoZone for $2.50 a quart. http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=77

As far as oil filters go, I bought a Scott's Stainless Steel Reusable Filter. It was $75.00 but filters better than any paper filter and it's a one time purchase. I'll save money in the long run. Check out the website and see for yourself. It was a smart purchase. http://www.scottsperformance.com/products.php?PartType=3

Honda#4
02-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks hornet for the oil filter site, i'm definently looking into that, that will definentlt save my money down the road. How long do those reuseable filters last?

hornetgod13
02-16-2007, 10:42 PM
They will outlast the quad and are a breeze to clean.

AbnMP13
02-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I"m still using Honda oil at the moment but I have a 954RR and have a friend that works for Mobil analyzing oil.

Get this, he recommended Harley oil for the 954RR over all other brands....

stvemerz
02-17-2007, 07:57 PM
I will have to check out those stainless filters..Good idea...Also...I guess the oil debate continues...HORNETGOD13...Awsome ride today...I had a BLAST...We have to do it again...You are a great rider...especially climbing hills that a Mountain Goat would struggle on....Can't wait to do it again..It was a great time with you and your son..I learned alot since I have never ridden on that type of terrain...It was a great learning experience...what 60 mile ride...and If it was not getting late..I wanted to stay longer...maybe next time I will get going earlier..Not sore or anything...

PS
Pulled plug...no joke..It really does not have to much color on it at all...looks to clean...some black around the thread area..but elctrode and porcelain are pretty clean..Before I take this thing to the dealer for petcock..I'm going to mess with the 155 main....right now 152, 42 pilot..works great and 2 turns out...We ran them pretty hard today...It ran awesome....maybe it can handle more...not sure but darn..wht a KILLER RIDE!!!!

Honda#4
02-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm glad you two had fun and nothing broke down, now only if I could find someone to ride with.

hornetgod13
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
I agree. It was a great ride. I just need to glue my grips again. That mountain goat remark was hilarious. The wife wasn't too upset. She was glad I wasn't dead. I need to call her every once in a while. She worries a bit too much at times.
Just let me know when you want to go again and we'll do it.

stvemerz
02-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Bill..I take the quad in on Monday for the petcock...If all is a go and I get it back...lets plan something for maybe this coming weekend...for sure the next if you are free...The Mountain Goat remark...I said it because you climbed a hill that even those sure footed creatures would not...I think maybe you had some glue on those tires...Listen..I will let you know what happens with the quad...warranty wise...and..believe it or not..I put the 155 main in..I'm almost the brown paperbag color I want..no joke...little more tweeking...and done...HONDA #4....If you are ever in CA..let Bill and I know...We had an awsome time..In fact my wholee body aches a little from such a long ride..but worth it...

Honda#4
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I'll remember that but i doubt if I will ever make it there, to much work over here.

hornetgod13
02-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I pulled my plug and it was dark brown so I put a 155K in myself. I'm going to run that a while and see how it goes.
I'm always up for a ride. My son won't be up next weekend so we go can places that we couldn't the last ride.
Hill climbing is easy. Pick the right gear, keep the revs up, and kiss that front bumper. These 400EXs are hill climbers. All you have to do is hang on and keep it on all four tires.

stvemerz
02-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a plan for maybe this weekend....Only obstacle...when will the dealer have my red trike ready..They were open on Monday so I dropped it off...They said no problem with warranty covering it...Now only problem is...when do I get it back....I will let you know..once they call me...Nice long weekend....I will e-mail you with any info and so far....all looks good on the jetting issue as well...

stvemerz
02-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Quad is at dealer for faulty petcock which they are replacing no charge...No problem...They called to advise me that there are other issues....Valves are in need of adjustment....My concern...does a quad with 10 hrs....of run time brand new need valves adjusted that soon...Well.....rather than argue...I told them to do it...I can just see this being a warranty problem down the rode when it expires in 06/07...My question to anyone...Does this sound right or is it a bunch of you know what....I will learn how to adjust myself once out of warranty...but come on...that soon....

AbnMP13
02-21-2007, 12:07 PM
They do need adjusting early on, I had mine done. They seat as the engine goes thru heat cycles.

He's probably not lieing to you on that one.

stvemerz
02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm glad to know that they are not trying to pull a fast on me...I just was blown away...I had a 300ex 2003...Never any ticking or problems...all I did was ride it and never required service except for rountine oil changes etc....The best thing is that I had dealer do it....that way if warranty problem surfaces...they can't say I did not follow there service policy..once warranty over...will do my own work..Thanks so much for the reply...YOu here so much bad stuff about dealers trying to take you for a ride..

hornetgod13
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
If you want to give your money away just send it to me. I could have done that for you free. It only takes about an hour to do. I bet they charge you $75.00 to $125.00. That was early for your first valve adjustment. It's due after the first 100 operating hours and every 600 hours there after. If you adjust your valves and service your 400EX by the owners manual than the engine will be Bulletproof. You won't need the warranty for motor issues. The dealership is just trying to squeeze every last dollar out of you.
We still on for this weekend right? When do you expect to get your quad back?

stvemerz
02-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Bill...YEP....125.00....but I want to make sure that me working on the motor did not mess up the warranty...PROMISE...next time...I will drag it over to you...to work on..and I can learn a thing or two...I will call the dealer tomorrow and get a status of when it will be done....I actually liked riding in the oil field there...As long as the red trike is back in time for Saturday...I would like to ride there again..This rain for the next few days could bring some snow to the area I ride and it wont be much fun..plus...COLD...THe areas I ride are best for summer riding..cooler...80 degrees and nice scenary...How about I call you or e-mail you with when it will be done...