PDA

View Full Version : iCat spark inhancer

jonboy
02-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Has anyone used this? Does it perform the way they claim. I got a motosport catalog yesterday and seen it. Just curious if anyone has tried it yey or if you know someone who has.

400exrider707
02-14-2007, 08:10 AM
I've heard good things about it, but never tried one myself.

bwamos
02-15-2007, 06:49 AM
If you're getting a weak spark (yellow), sure. But if you're getting a good spark (blue), I don't really see how you are going to see a benefit. Either, it ignites the fuel or it ignites the fuel.

jonboy
02-15-2007, 12:38 PM
If I am not mistaken it uses a type of in line capacitor that makes the spark duration period longer. Which in theory will burn all the fuel that passes thru the combustion chamber. This allows for a more efficient burn and will give a more crisp acceleration. I have seen other set ups like this. Like Nology, Jacobs, and MSD. Just curious if anyone here has used the iCat or not to see if it worked for them. I have used the MSD units in the past and they are junk. Kind of like the Procoms of the CDI world. You get some good ones and the rest crap out on you. I have used the Jacobs systems and will stand by them.

czrider263
02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
i ran a Nology and didn't see a big difference but the engine sounded better and reved alittle nicer.

wolfpack91
02-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Back in the day I used a RoostBoost on my 250x, and I could tell a difference, and this is pretty much the same thing.

250exkid
02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
if you want the same thing to happen just get a hotter burning plug... i found that same thing for my 250exx ICAT but just get a hotter plug... yea i found it on goparts direct about a month ago

ride_red666
02-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
If I am not mistaken it uses a type of in line capacitor that makes the spark duration period longer. Which in theory will burn all the fuel that passes thru the combustion chamber. This allows for a more efficient burn and will give a more crisp acceleration. I have seen other set ups like this. Like Nology, Jacobs, and MSD. Just curious if anyone here has used the iCat or not to see if it worked for them. I have used the MSD units in the past and they are junk. Kind of like the Procoms of the CDI world. You get some good ones and the rest crap out on you. I have used the Jacobs systems and will stand by them.

what wrong witht he procom cdi? i love mine. i had a dynatek cdi before and it was junk. didnt notice a difference at least the procom works

jonboy
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Like I said some are ok but the rest crap out. I replcaed 6 of them and finally went back to stock.

Tater049
02-22-2007, 06:48 AM
my friend put an icat on his 250ex. And it revved better and there was a torque difference too. So my vote is to get it.