PDA

View Full Version : 2007 predator

chippie
02-14-2007, 05:37 AM
i really like the look of this quad.can anybody tell me if it goes as well as it looks.i am thinking of getting one when they eventually land in africa.out here the guys tend to stick to the known brands like yamaha,so because of this polaris is not very popular.what do you guys think i should do.

Outlaw 50
02-14-2007, 05:41 AM
If you can find a dealer close enough and he's decent to deal with then it's a good choice.

Just know going in that the aftermarket support is weak for Polaris.

sublimeme
02-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Its really not that weak, i can find all the basic bolt ons no problem, Pipes, filters, nerf bars, bumpers, grab bars, and two companies who specialize in predators, nicholas and rath racing have just what you need to get it going. Granted its not as much as a yamaha or honda, it will do fine. I pick my 07 preddy this weekend by the way:D

ScramblerXLE
02-14-2007, 09:29 AM
not to mention a lot of engine builders that are Polaris -ONLY, hence yamaha and honda guys saying that it is "weak". Check this site out: Nicholas Cycle (http://www.nicholascycle.com) They've got motors for preds pullin over 100HP! (if you don't believe me check the site...)

scramblerracer
02-14-2007, 12:28 PM
look guys I race a 05 pred and this will be my 4th year racing a Polaris. The after market is weak for the polars sport quads because they are not sold in the numbers that the Honda Yamaha and Suzuki are. The predator makes a great base for a racer and a all around good trail quad but most parts are a little more expensive. You are correct about a few dedicated shops ie: Nicholas, Hot Seat, HPD, AAEN but look how many shops and companies have that same stuff for the Japanese quads. We get like 10 places and the others get all of the rest. If I wasn't such a Polaris and USA made fan I would buy a Japanese quad too. If I lived in a part of the world that didn't have Polaris dealers around I wouldn't buy one. Great quads but parts availability will always be better for quads that sell the most each year. To the guy in Africa- If there is a good dealer network where you are than you will probably love a new predator- and I agree they do look bad ***.

MentalState
02-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Not trying to start anything but If you think Your polaris is american made your fooling yourself..proly 90% or more of the parts are made overseas...They are just Built in the USA..Hell the new Kawi 450 s being built in the USA..doesnt make it american..Just means its built to american sandards...

I love my outlaw..If you are a moderate trail rider you will be much happier on and outlaw..If you only MX get the Pread..

The 06 Outlaw will probably be cheaper also..

Outlaw 50
02-14-2007, 05:18 PM
The guy lives in Africa...............he doesn't have the same access to parts that we do here in the US.

The shipping costs for parts going to Zambia will increase the price by at least 40%.

MentalState
02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Not trying to start anything but If you think Your polaris is american made your fooling yourself..proly 90% or more of the parts are made overseas...They are just Built in the USA..Hell the new Kawi 450 s being built in the USA..doesnt make it american..Just means its built to american sandards...

I love my outlaw..If you are a moderate trail rider you will be much happier on and outlaw..If you only MX get the Pread..

The 06 Outlaw will probably be cheaper also..

Scotty7304
02-14-2007, 05:31 PM
its still an American OWNED company.

scramblerracer
02-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I understand that Polaris sources parts from other countries. I do know that at the end of the day it is an american company and I like that. If you want to stick to the same argument go up to any old drunk biker and explain to him that because his Harley has 80% foreign parts it is not american.

chippie
02-15-2007, 07:31 AM
guys,firstly thanks for the input.in zambia there is no backup/parts for any bike,we end up importing our spares from the states or south africa and then end up repairing the bike ourselves.bearing this in mind ,and that i mainly ride cross country's ,would the predator be a good choice.
cheers

sublimeme
02-15-2007, 06:14 PM
that being said, probably not. you want something with more aftermarket goodies and any parts readily available and supplied cheap. id look into pretty much anything honda,yamaha,kawasaki,zuki for the fact that parts are more availbe to you. dont take that as the predator not being a great quad, because it is, it keeps up with all the 450s and even owns many of them.

scramblerracer
02-16-2007, 01:53 PM
You might want to look into quads that have been around and have sold more. Like the suzuki kawasaki 400s or even 400ex. These will have many more parts avalible and will be cheaper to repair. Plus many people are getting rid of these older xc race quads and you can buy one with many aftermarket parts already on the quad. Good luck