PDA

View Full Version : Foam Pit

chuck121
02-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I have been wanting to build my own foam pit for some time now and I'm looking for some advice. I have been looking for different places to get foam and it turns out that it would be a lot more expensive than I thought. My parents own a carpet and furniture store and I was wondering if it would be possible to use carpet padding scraps to fill the pit. Im not sure if this would work though and I was wondering what you guys thought. This would be great because it would be free and I could get tons of it whenever i wanted. I figured that you would probably want the pieces to either be in 2"x1' strips or really small chunks, or maybe a mixture of both. Or perhaps I could use a mix of foam and pad scraps? Any other information on foam pits would be appreciated. I will also be building a steel ramp, any help with that would be appreciated also. thanks

rancherrider69
02-14-2007, 03:24 PM
where do u live because i want to build a small foam pit for bmx bikes but i cant find anywhere to get foam and the padding thing would work good fer a bmx bike if you wouldnt mind if i would get foam from u

400exracer511
02-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Make sure it is flame retardant foam. Gas leaking from your quad + static electricity + you not being able to get out quick = your friends being sad. I've never seen this happen personally but it makes sense and I wouldn't want to chance it beause from what I see on moto vids. it takes a while to get out of there.

tmoney
02-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I would use larger chunks of foam over smaller peices, just my two cents

400exridin121
02-17-2007, 06:42 PM
yea make sure its flame retardnet, that shud work if u can get some large like 6" by 1' that wud helo