PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design Kill Switch

the*ovenman
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok so I just bought a pro design kill switch, anyone use one of these and if you do how did you hook it up?

snowswife
02-14-2007, 08:44 AM
You can buy a jumper harness that plugs in real nice!

Or you tap into the Black plug left side under front hood with red and white wire!

1wire from Tether to white and the other to a good ground!

morningracer626
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Baldwin Motorsports sells the killswitch installation kit. VERY simple, no hacking your wiring harness, it plugs right in.

daddio
02-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Beware......... If you are still running the unmodified stock wireing harness, sooner or later you will fry your stator. Get a Pingle and connect it to the stock kill switch wires, and save yourself alot of headaches.

snowswife
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Un Modified harness?

You referring to pre 06 YFZ?

Elaborate a little

daddio
02-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by snowswife
Un Modified harness?

You referring to pre 06 YFZ?

Elaborate a little

Some people completly re-wire the YFZ and eliminate the battery, lights, starter, etc.
There are also companies like Lost creek cycle that sell "modified" wire harnesses, which will take the pro-design kill switch.

Ask yourself how long your car will last if you ground out the ignition to shut it off. That's what you are doing with the pro-design style kill switch.
The Pingle just opens the circut, just like the stock Yamaha kill switch on your handlebars.

I found out the hard way and had to buy a new stator.

the*ovenman
02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
So If I get a Pingle which one do I get? The Nromally closed or Normally open?

daddio
02-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Normaly closed......... Just like your stock kill switch.

Samdogmx
02-25-2007, 03:31 AM
Follow the wires up from the oil filler plug (four wires) to just before the first connector (under the hood) the wires separate into pairs.
Pick the white/red pair and splice the longest wire out of the kill switch into the white wire and the short wire from the k/switch into the red wire.
No need to ground any wire.

daddio
02-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Samdogmx
Follow the wires up from the oil filler plug (four wires) to just before the first connector (under the hood) the wires separate into pairs.
Pick the white/red pair and splice the longest wire out of the kill switch into the white wire and the short wire from the k/switch into the red wire.
No need to ground any wire.

That is for a normally open kill switch, and hooking it up that way will ground your ignition to kill it.

Take your stock, handlebar mounted kill switch off, see what color wires are going to the red button, then cut them under the hood, near the stock conector. Now connect one to each wire comming from the Pingle "normally closed" kill switch.
'04-'05 is different color wires from the '06 and IDK about the '07.