PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

HondaEXrider22
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Pappy, thinking about doing some small makeover stuff for my quad and have some questions. All off a 03 400ex

I was thinking either

Gloss red(or closest match to Honda OEM red), PC Chrome, or Gloss black

Bumper
Footpegs
Shifter
Brake pedal
Top/bottom a-arms
Possibly Levers

My questions:

Are there prices differences between the colors?
Are there differences in colors in how it would hold up over time?
How long would the shifter/pedals/pegs hold up compared to aarms because of wear/tear?
Do you do levers?
Does the chrome actually look like polished metal?

Pappy
02-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Are there prices differences between the colors?
Yes, if a color requires a clear coat or is a two stage powder then there is a slightly higher price

Are there differences in colors in how it would hold up over time?
This really depends more on the part and the use it see's. Most all the powders I use are UV stable and should show no differences between them as far as fading etc. As far as how well different colors actually preform, yes, there can be subtle difference in thier durabilty.

How long would the shifter/pedals/pegs hold up compared to aarms because of wear/tear?
Ive had some that showed almost ZERO wear, while others did. There are so many variables that it is hard to throw down a life expectancy. I try and use Black on these items because it is one of the most durable powders in the line I use

Do you do levers?
I can pretty much do anything you want

Does the chrome actually look like polished metal?
I call it 10 foot chrome, but any closer then that and it looks like a bright silver

This duncan bumper is powdercoated, not chromed! But its a picture and in real life looks more silver then chrome.

HondaEXrider22
02-13-2007, 07:42 PM
So lets say all chrome

Bumper $25
Footpegs ??
Shifter $5ish
Brake pedal $5ish
Top/bottom a-arms $55

Or does chrome require anything special

Pappy
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Bumper $25